How come rules change out of the blue? / Brazil Subscribers [MERGED]

crisiavox

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

T4F has proved, once again, to be unfit to handle big pre-sales like U2 (it's not the first time something like this has happened). My subscription is new, however, seeing the rules being changed in the middle of the pre-sales and affecting so many (long time) subscribers makes my blood boil. I could get tickets for the first concert in Brazil but I'd really love to go to a second concert and it seems to be nearly impossible now. 

When one preaches about equality, one should also walk the talk after all.

• Subscriber

Below, the reply U2.com has just sent to the member Fabiano Lopes... We cannot accept that!!!

"Sorry to hear of the issues you were hav­ing. The management has deemed it necessary to place on the FAQ's that the code is a one time use code. The change was to as­sist fans when trying to get up to the ticket limits placed on the presale. Once you made the pu­rchase the selling site would not open the presale with the code that was used previously."

• Subscriber

We don't know the real reasons for this change in the rules. Regardless of these reasons, there is no justification for harming only South America's subscribers. I'm very disappointed.

• Subscriber

The new rules restricting access to pre-sale tickets for concerts in Brazil constitute a serious contractual breach of the signing agreement. Completely unfair, disrespectful and unethical. .

I made the subscription with the expectation of being entitled to the 4 pre-sale tickets. And quite arbitrarily, the rules were changed and restricted access to a right that I paid to acquire.

Absurd! I'm completely outraged and disappointed. I ask that the measure be reviewed. It's the least you can do with respect for the fans.

Edited by danielrsantos

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, AndreaMassula said:

My presale access code did not work when I tried to purchase tickets on June 17th through the presales channel at Tickets for Fun website.

Likewise other members, I was directly impacted by such inconvenience and also by the update on the policies regarding the use of presale access codes recently implemented by U2.com without previous notification to the members.

We have joined U2.com on the basis that we would have access to buy 4 tickets for locations and dates of our choice, and we are now learning that this is not the case.

I'm hoping that this is a technical issue that can be easily fixed by U2.com team as opposed to a communication issue that may prevent me from buying the tickets through the presale channel.

I hope they investigate this case and get back to us ASAP, as we need urgent access to purchase the tickets we are entitled to as members of U2.com.

Any answer about our presale codes?

Thanks, Matheus

• Subscriber

This is outrageous. We are very angry with the decision to not allow us to use our codes again. Buying tickets on the general sales is an ordeal and very few actually succeed. The reason we pay the subscription is so we can get to buy the tickets comfortably and now you change it all of a sudden??? This is not right and I'm sure it's illegal. I was under the impression U2.com had more consideration with the fans, but I can see I was terribly wrong. I still have one transaction left on my code and I was hoping I could use it for another show, in case it's scheduled. This is very wrong. 

• Subscriber

At first i see on faqs that in brazil we can buy 4 tickets on multiple purchases. Now appears only one purchase. Its not correct change the rules after pre-sales begin. I try buy 2 tickets on 21 october and my pre sale code was not valid because i buy 2 tickets on 19. If open sales for another brazil show I have the right to use my pre sale code. Please respect the rights of thousand of fans