Did anyone else get a strange version of the JT 30th Anniversary super deluxe box set?

roboto

• Subscriber

My wife bought me the CD version of the JT 30th anniversary box set for my birthday today, and it showed up shrink wrapped with all the correct labels on it. However when I opened it it contained the following:

• No CDs
  • 2 empty black vinyl sleeves
  • 2 copies of the 8 Anton Cobijn prints
  • 1 book of Edge's photo that has been bound backwards and upside down. Meaning, when opening the book with the cover facing upward the first page is actually the last page of the book facing downward. As you read through the book upside down, the last page is the dedication page (which should be first) followed by the back cover again facing the right way. It was a little hard to take photos to show it but I think you can see enough to make sense. I also included a stock photo of the real box set and a photo of what my set actually looks like.

Did anyone else get a box set that's screwed up like this one? She bought hers through Amazon so they are sending a replacement for free, but I think I'm going to keep the book - it might be a collector's item down the road!

U2 My Box Set.jpg

U2 Book Front Cover.jpg

U2 Book Back Cover.jpeg

U2 Box Set.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I ordered the 7 disc vinyl set & had to return it to Amazon as there were issues with some of the discs.

ISHFWILF with the gospel choir on the live set had feedback & what sounded like surface noise from the vinyl all the way through it, the rest of that disc was fine.

The remix disc just sounded weird which I assumed was what the songs were supposed to sound like, it was only when I got the replacement from Amazon that I realised how the songs were meant to sound.

One Tree Hill stuck & jumped at various point through the song.

I'd heard that some people didn't receive the download voucher in their set as well.

• 4 weeks later...