• Subscriber

Achtung Baby's Ultraviolet and One felt more nourishing - raising hopes that U2 will tour that album when it reaches its own 30th anniversary in 2021.

Can you imagine the stage set up for that show if it every happened??

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, andy scotson said:

There are fairly substantial reviews in today's Times, Telegraph, Guardian and London Evening Standard.

Could you post links if poss please?

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Martinmc said:

Achtung Baby's Ultraviolet and One felt more nourishing - raising hopes that U2 will tour that album when it reaches its own 30th anniversary in 2021.

Can you imagine the stage set up for that show if it every happened??

If that happens I can die happy album ever

• Subscriber
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Anjana said:

Could you post links if poss please?

Sorry, was travelling home yesterday...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017-twickenham-stadium-review/

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/09/u2-review-bono-twickenham-stadium-joshua-tree-heritage-larry-mullen

The Times and Financial Times also had reviews but are behind paywalls I'm afraid

• Subscriber
On 7/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, Johnny M said:

Good honest review Johnny.

I think the band this time around are going through the motions and I think we have, with privilege become accustomed to their brilliant stage shows as well as their music over the years. 

I was at Twickenham on the Saturday and I didn't feel the vibe as much as i did on the I&E tour or indeed any of the past 7 tours I've seen the band on since I first saw them in Roundhay Park in Leeds in 1993. The big screen is very nice this time around but I feel that the solidly rehearsed none changeable set-list doesn't do justice to the 75000 people that might be present in a U2 stadium show in 2017. Fine for the passing fan but not for the hardcore. Maybe ageing rock stars feel the need to stick to structured set-lists; Loads of legends are doing it these days, although it never did Springsteen any harm over the years playing whatever took his fancy. I plead with U2 to mix it up a bit for Amsterdam but I don't think it will happen.

Obviously we all have our favourite songs but starting with the "classics" and finishing with the "commercial pop songs" doesn't leave a lasting memory for me.

Who wants to listen to a hat-trick of Beautiful Day, Elevation and Vertigo FFS?

Also I think that Bono should swerve dying his hair orange like Paul MCCartney and go grey gracefully like Adam.

Bring back the arena shows and a new album to promote!

Edited by chrismaguire73