Sign in to follow this  
StephOnTour87

Croke Park : queuing, GA lines, and other stuffs

For those who are not already aware, no queuing is allowed at Croke Park, especially overnight (see pdf below)

http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/U2-Safety-TIMES.pdf

I've been to Dublin several times for U2 concerts in Croke Park and 3Arena, but this time I wonder how the queues will be managed as pitch 1 and pitch 2 are clearly separated areas.

Where do we have to go to get a number on your wrist ? Will there be two separate sequences for Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 ? And at what time ?

I went to see Springsteen last year in Croker and it said no queuing before gates open but in the end there was a GA queue and the stadium opened a car park for it. Though I'm not sure how it will work with there being two separate areas on the pitch.

Edited by ethanclaffey

Yes, I was at Springsteen shows at Croke Park too, there was a call at 8AM to get your number in queue, and then you would have to come back at noon and remain in line for all the afternoon. I guess it will be the same thing saturday, but I wonder where will be the meeting call.

5 hours ago, StephOnTour87 said:

For those who are not already aware, no queuing is allowed at Croke Park, especially overnight (see pdf below)

http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/U2-Safety-TIMES.pdf

I've been to Dublin several times for U2 concerts in Croke Park and 3Arena, but this time I wonder how the queues will be managed as pitch 1 and pitch 2 are clearly separated areas.

Where do we have to go to get a number on your wrist ? Will there be two separate sequences for Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 ? And at what time ?

I would LOVE to know these answers too ...we arrive on Friday night ......THANKS

48 minutes ago, StephOnTour87 said:

Yes, I was at Springsteen shows at Croke Park too, there was a call at 8AM to get your number in queue, and then you would have to come back at noon and remain in line for all the afternoon. I guess it will be the same thing saturday, but I wonder where will be the meeting call.

Where would we meet? How will it all work?  Where would the 8 a.m. meet up point be to collect ...a wristband perhaps? This is our first time in Dublin. Help much appreciated!

If things happen as previous concerts, there is no wristband collect, as you get them couple of hours before the gates open.

But early in the morning, fans usually keep updated a register with names of the fans and a sequence number, a number which is written on you hand with a marker. Later, a call of for all registered fans is made, and the queues are formed on this basis.

3 minutes ago, StephOnTour87 said:

If things happen as previous concerts, there is no wristband collect, as you get them couple of hours before the gates open.

But early in the morning, fans usually keep updated a register with names of the fans and a sequence number, a number which is written on you hand with a marker. Later, a call of for all registered fans is made, and the queues are formed on this basis.

Fabulous StephonTour ...so would you recomment heading there for 9 a.m. on Saturday ?

I posted this in another thread but it's probably worth mentioning here. In Ireland some peoples approach to 'queuing' can be different to say the least and add that to Irish peoples aversion to being told what to do by by those in authority let alone apparently self appointed queue organisers, things might not go as smoothly as in other cities. Having said that I suppose like in most places it largely depends on how it is stewarded.

Just back from Barcelona. I have to say that the U2 Valencia fan club did an amazing job with keeping the line. 

We were there from 6am (297-298) and we advanced in cordoned areas throughout the day. Each time you'd see several 500+ would have sneaked into the group (basically people who had jumped from an overnight-6am wait to coming at 2pm). Up until the final queue (literally beside GA door) there were perhaps 50+ people who didn't earn their place in the queue. 

U2 Valencia, with the support of the crowd, did a wristband by wristband re-queue lining up 1-50, 50-100 and so on until we all had our fair place. Awesome job guys. 

In Twickenham I was in the late 900s and enough people broke into the queue so that when we were allowed in early (3-3:30) the last 50-100 people weren't  actually allowed in with the early list. Basically the 50-100 who broke the queue took our places and (I'm guessing) when the barrier computer said that 1000 had gone in early they just stopped everyone until the GA 4:30 time.

I'm saying this to agree with the last poster.  The queue is only as good as the people enforcing the list. 

Has anyone experience of the Dublin early queue?