Croke Park : queuing, GA lines, and other stuffs

• Subscriber

I am sure also you will get the queue people who go to Croke Park on Friday night and start a numbered list in advance of people lining up on Saturday, then they go back to their hotel and come back on Saturday morning to claim their numbered place, even if that is in front of people that were there earlier than them on Saturday morning.

I would imagine Irish fans that get there early on Saturday wouldn't be overly happy with people pushing in front of them that had created some list the night before. This arrangement has been happening in other places. Just saying!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Look folks, as an Irish guy living close by to Croke Park I think it is only fair to warn you that we have already started the queing process.  We only get the lads home every so often so we think it is only fair and about time that us Irish actually get to the front of the crowd rather than tourists who are following the tour and have been there countless times before and I'm sure you will get your chance again.  So right now we have about 250 people in the Pitch 2 queue and about 400 in the Pitch 1 queue, so you will have to be next in line to us.  We started Queing after the Dubs match last week, indeed, some of us didn't even leave the stadium untill we were found hiding in the toilets on Tuesday afternoon.  The start of the queue is now in the Hairy Lemon and will proceed to Fibbers later on this evening before advancing to the Big Flee tomorrow.  We will then congregate in the Jones Road vicinity about 3pm on Saturday and enter the stadium from there in the respective avenues for the 2 seperate pitch areas.  If you are not part of our numbering system and you try and jump the queue you will be sent back to Quinns at that stage to join the back of the line.

So lets be fair everyone and respect your place

• Subscriber

I've pitch 1 tickets for Saturday but hard to know what to say when you hear there's 400 already in that queue. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry.  Suppose it's at least good to know  

Even if people queue overnight Friday (If you fly in Friday or if you work) there's basically no chance of a rail. You're  at best looking at a few rows out or behind red zone. 

As someone who's done it many times down the years I respect those who queue and earn their spot but I also Kind of feel a bit sorry if I'm honest for people flying in, starting to queue on Friday - typically that would earn you a rail in other venues. At least people reading this will know what to expect now. Wow. 

It's gonna be an amazing gig no matter where on the pitch you end up. It's a different show in different spots is all. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, stevieob said:

Look folks, as an Irish guy living close by to Croke Park I think it is only fair to warn you that we have already started the queing process.  We only get the lads home every so often so we think it is only fair and about time that us Irish actually get to the front of the crowd rather than tourists who are following the tour and have been there countless times before and I'm sure you will get your chance again.  So right now we have about 250 people in the Pitch 2 queue and about 400 in the Pitch 1 queue, so you will have to be next in line to us.  We started Queing after the Dubs match last week, indeed, some of us didn't even leave the stadium untill we were found hiding in the toilets on Tuesday afternoon.  The start of the queue is now in the Hairy Lemon and will proceed to Fibbers later on this evening before advancing to the Big Flee tomorrow.  We will then congregate in the Jones Road vicinity about 3pm on Saturday and enter the stadium from there in the respective avenues for the 2 seperate pitch areas.  If you are not part of our numbering system and you try and jump the queue you will be sent back to Quinns at that stage to join the back of the line.

Thanks for sharing. When can i meet at Big Flee? Who to look for? Can't wait!!!

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Inger said:

Seriously. Is there a ga line or not. Comeing from Norway tomorrow and would really like to know....

I think that stevieob is joking.  I suspect that he wasn't hiding in the toilets for 3 days .. I suspect there aren't 650 people queuing in the Hairy Lemon pub.  I suspect ... 

Perhaps the truth is that no-one knows where the queue is starting.  Does anyone actually know anything real?

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, stevieob said:

That's grand.  I will be with you shortly. Just down the road in Fairview. Do I need to bring the passport or will the "cupla focail" be sufficient proof for entry. Just to be clear, I draw the line at wearing one of those blue jerseys. It's red and white for me always.