• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Mark Taylor said:

Is there no way at all of walking from central Amsterdam (we are staying at the Student Hotel West) to the Arena? It's only 6.9 kilometres?

That's probably as the crow flies though. Get the metro. That's what I am going to do as there are works going on the main trains.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, Gogme United said:

I just checked the website of the Dutch railways (www.ns.nl). Best you can do is take a metro to Amsterdam Centraal and take a train from there. From ArenA to Central station is just under 20 minutes. But you can change at Sloterdijk too, the metro journey is about 30 minutes then, but the station is smaller so it's easier to change to train.

There are NO direct trains from ArenA to Zaandam.

The queues will be longer than normal, but most people have to get trains to the rest of Holland, the metro will be ok I think. 

Amsterdam Public Transport (GVB) have told me that they will have extra metro trains because of the lack of trains going to Amsterdam Central Station. 

There will be 6 trains leaving Amsterdam Centraal going to Zaandam on Sunday after 23:30, the latest will leave at 0:37 so that will be no problem getting them. Check out the NS website for time and track info (or send me a PM)

Great, thanks for your advice, feel more confident now that getting back should be fine.

Enjoy the show!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, NickGreeen88 said:

Great, thanks for your advice, feel more confident now that getting back should be fine.

Enjoy the show!

You're welcome.

And remember, this area holds a football stadium, a huge concert hall (Ziggo Dome, fits 18.000), a smaller concert hall (Afas Live, fits ± 5000) and a huge cinema. We've had days where all venues had events and there were no real problems getting all these people home. So don't worry, as this time it's 'just' a U2 concert... 

• Subscriber
On 27-7-2017 at 8:17 AM, monica martino said:

I'm planning a bit of sightseeing (been already in Amsterdam in the past) 

Royal palace and Heineken experience Are they worth time and money? Also... Any suggestion for a good place to eat? Thank you again 

Never been to the Royal Palace, so don't know. Have been in the Heineken brewery once, before they changed it to an 'experience'. All I know is that it's quite crowded there, as all museums are right now. Amsterdam is crowded with lots of tourists. Heineken brewery isn't a real brewery anymore, it's just a building and the 'experience'. It can be fun though, I myself prefer a Heineken experience in a pub ;-)
If you like photography you can visit the Foam museum, they have an outstanding exhibition of Gordon Parks. A must see if you ask me: https://www.foam.org/home

Edited by Gogme United
  • Subscriber
On 26-7-2017 at 8:12 PM, Mark Taylor said:

Is there no way at all of walking from central Amsterdam (we are staying at the Student Hotel West) to the Arena? It's only 6.9 kilometres?

You can walk, it's a long walk and really boring. You can also rent a bicycle and make your way to the stadium. Takes you about 30 minutes. 

I think you're better off taking the metro. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, bigwave said:

Tell us more about the night buses gogme. Great work on all this btw

First of all: you cannot buy a ticket on the bus, they don't allow cash (for obvious reasons), so you need to have an OV Chipcard, or an 1 (or more) Day-ticket. 

From Bijlmer ArenA station you can take some night busses into town. The bus station is in front of the train/metro station, just behing the Pathe Cinema.

Bus 755 is leaving at 1:08, 1:38, 2:08 and so on. Journey is about 40 minutes.
Bus 757 is leaving at 0:30, 1:00, 1:30 and so on, this one has quite a long route towards city centre. Journey takes about 50 minutes.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Andorpouw said:

Rumors that already People queing up at the venue and that the first 500 get a tape at their wrist for a small speciale fos? Anyone to confirm? 

Maybe they will close a section outside the stadium for early queuers, that's what they did in the past as well. Can not imagine there will be a small fos inside the stadium besides the red zone if multiple sources confirmed this last week. Have any pictures of the stage build-up emerged.

Other rumour is that they are shooting a video today in Amsterdam