Sign in to follow this  
illumination70

The Mood Thread (Reboot)

Despair.

If you live in the UK and you are poor, ill, disabled, need free Universal Healthcare, social support, need personal care, education or working rights, youwork for the public sector and not a millionaire be very afraid. I cant quite believe Britain has fallen yet again for a  proven serial untrustworthy liar but the opposition has a lot to answer for by not offering a viable alternative for many.

Labour .....wake up and smell the coffee! What didn’t work in 1983 doesnt work now. If you ever want to get elected you have to appeal to the Middle English voter and if you dont you will forever be in opposition.

And farewell Scotland ....Westminster hasn’t represented you for years.... Good Luck and and best wishes for the future.

53E34EDA-A078-4FD9-9D14-914A927ED407.jpeg

Edited by doctornickriviera

18 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Despair.

If you live in the UK and you are poor, ill, disabled, need free Universal Healthcare, social support, need personal care, education or working rights, youwork for the public sector and not a millionaire be very afraid. I cant quite believe Britain has fallen yet again for a  proven serial untrustworthy liar but the opposition has a lot to answer for by not offering a viable alternative for many.

Labour .....wake up and smell the coffee! What didn’t work in 1983 doesnt work now. If you ever want to get elected you have to appeal to the Middle English voter and if you dont you will forever be in opposition.

And farewell Scotland ....Westminster hasn’t represented you for years.... Good Luck and and best wishes for the future.

53E34EDA-A078-4FD9-9D14-914A927ED407.jpeg

My sincere condolences. I can't believe it either.

I was there to witness the beginning of the Brexit nonsense, and now it's going to happen for real? Just gobsmacking...

I have to say I was less surprised that the Tories won than by the margin of the victory - that's has to be a referendum on the "unlikeability" of Corbyn, isn't it? Boris certainly has no charisma, unless buffoonery substitutes for charisma nowadays.

Temporary good news here for once - 2 articles of impeachment passed the House Judiciary Committee today, so the full House gets to vote on them next Wednesday (or so it has been reported). If that vote happens as expected, he is officially impeached forever. (Removal from office, of course, is a different story; however, it is still significant if he is impeached without removal. If he is impeached first by the full House, he can't ever be pardoned for the offenses later. They stain him for good. (Nixon in 1974 resigned before the full House could impeach him; thus, Ford was legally able to pardon him for his crimes later. Crimes leading to full impeachment can't ever be pardoned.) I predict that 2020 will be as bad a year in the courts for Trump as 2019 was. He will get a level of comeuppance - how much is yet to be determined.)

On 12/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, dmway said:

Temporary good news here for once - 2 articles of impeachment passed the House Judiciary Committee today, so the full House gets to vote on them next Wednesday (or so it has been reported). If that vote happens as expected, he is officially impeached forever. (Removal from office, of course, is a different story; however, it is still significant if he is impeached without removal. If he is impeached first by the full House, he can't ever be pardoned for the offenses later. They stain him for good. (Nixon in 1974 resigned before the full House could impeach him; thus, Ford was legally able to pardon him for his crimes later. Crimes leading to full impeachment can't ever be pardoned.) I predict that 2020 will be as bad a year in the courts for Trump as 2019 was. He will get a level of comeuppance - how much is yet to be determined.)

...and now it is official - he’s impeached on both articles. My mood (since that’s what the thread is for) is somber and relieved. We still have a modicum of accountability in this country yet.

• Like 1

Anxiety sucks.  Hope it's chilled, illumination70

I am in a very peaceful mood, depite being in bad pain.  Someone did something kind for me today.  I'm appreciative and thankful. 

3 hours ago, illumination70 said:

AQ bit nervous about tomorrow mornings dr appointment because I'm praying they do a scan and place a cast on my arm for the final 3-4 weeks.

Ouch.  Sorry to hear this.   I hope all goes well at your appointment.

I'm a bit surly today.  I had 40 some shots of botox in my head and neck for migranes.  I'm used to this but it hurts right now.  It's all swollen.  I'm usually pretty good at dealing with it but there's another storm front/change in pressure on its way.  That makes things much worse.  Feelin' kinda down in the dumps.sorry for myself.  I don't like it when I get into that frame of mind.  Keep telling myself to cheer up.  I can't snap out of it.

On 2/11/2020 at 7:46 PM, Manohlive said:

Ouch.  Sorry to hear this.   I hope all goes well at your appointment.

I'm a bit surly today.  I had 40 some shots of botox in my head and neck for migranes.  I'm used to this but it hurts right now.  It's all swollen.  I'm usually pretty good at dealing with it but there's another storm front/change in pressure on its way.  That makes things much worse.  Feelin' kinda down in the dumps.sorry for myself.  I don't like it when I get into that frame of mind.  Keep telling myself to cheer up.  I can't snap out of it.

Ouch, I hate migraines and needles too.