U2 Museum set to be announced for Dublin as a major new tourist attraction

natural11

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This would give me yet another reason to visit Ireland. Though even if I just visit, I might not come back ? But a U2 museum would be so cool! I wonder if it would include the stages (probably not since those stages wouldn't fit in a building lol), I remember Bono saying they wanted one day for the stages to be displayed for people to see. It would be awesome if this project included that. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Vertigo3333 said:

This would give me yet another reason to visit Ireland. Though even if I just visit, I might not come back ? But a U2 museum would be so cool! I wonder if it would include the stages (probably not since those stages wouldn't fit in a building lol), I remember Bono saying they wanted one day for the stages to be displayed for people to see. It would be awesome if this project included that. 

Speaking of stages does anyone know what happened to the claws?  Were any of them ever sold and put to use somewhere?  I have seen this question asked before but have never sen an answer.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, dermo said:

Speaking of stages does anyone know what happened to the claws?  Were any of them ever sold and put to use somewhere?  I have seen this question asked before but have never sen an answer.

I remember seeing an article about it, all three claws are in storage, they ended up not being sold. It would be so awesome to be able to walk around any U2 stage, but especially the claw. Here's an article from 2015.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/u2s-stunning-stadium-stages-could-6061610

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, Vertigo3333 said:

Yes, seeing the stages displayed would be great!  There are so many reasons to visit Ireland...there is a place inside me whenever I see even a photo of the Irish Landscapes that screams "That is HOME"!  I am 1/4 Irish, Vertigo333...U2 Museum will be good to see!!

• Subscriber
On 8/18/2017 at 0:06 PM, Vertigo3333 said:

I remember seeing an article about it, all three claws are in storage, they ended up not being sold. It would be so awesome to be able to walk around any U2 stage, but especially the claw. Here's an article from 2015.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/u2s-stunning-stadium-stages-could-6061610

If I win the lottery, might be able to afford one.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, finz_89 said:

If I win the lottery, might be able to afford one.

I know right?! I've imagined that if I was rich I would either buy one myself or get permission to build a scaled down version of the claw for my backyard ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

A U2 Museum in Dublin? How lucky U2 fans and the people in Dublin are.

The best place for a U2 Museum.

But it would be great to have a little bit of something special in Australia to. Say maybe Adalaide? Ha! Ha! That would be very nice. Yep! Very nice.

Just a little something on display U2. After all we love you to U2. We love the best band U2 as well. Karen.

7 hours ago, Helbig said:

A U2 Museum in Dublin? How lucky U2 fans and the people in Dublin are.

The best place for a U2 Museum.

But it would be great to have a little bit of something special in Australia to. Say maybe Adalaide? Ha! Ha! That would be very nice. Yep! Very nice.

Just a little something on display U2. After all we love you to U2. We love the best band U2 as well. Karen.

That sounds like a great idea!!

:JT_Logo_02:

Archived