U2 fans getting mysterious Blackout letter in the mail

1 hour ago, Vertigo3333 said:

Wish I would get one! But since I'm currently a free member and also wasn't in the path of the eclipse (we got like a 70% eclipse) I doubt it. Really cool idea though!

Me too because I'm another "free member" and my area wasn't in the eclipse's path too.  I did share a laugh with a friend of mine after the so-called eclipse because I remember saying "That old lady named Mother Nature better  step-up her game because us Eastern, Washingtonians" need some fun too (just kidding)!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/21/2017 at 10:32 PM, natural11 said:

surrenders, I love they mysterious way of this approach... http://pitchfork.com/news/u2-fans-receive-cryptic-blackout-letters/ , very interesting!!

Yeah it's pretty cool.  It went out to people in the eclipse path of totality.  I'm just north of where that path was darn it LOL.  Kudos to those who got the letter :)

• Subscriber

I am in Kansas City and got my letter on Tuesday. Talk about great marketing...Send a letter to longtime fans who only live in the path of the eclipse for your new single titled Blackout. The stars would have to align to pull off a marketing plan like that. :D

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, surrenders said:

Yeah it's pretty cool.  It went out to people in the eclipse path of totality.  I'm just north of where that path was darn it LOL.  Kudos to those who got the letter :)

I am way out of the path!  I am so glad to hear about this!!!

• Subscriber

I live in Nashville and got this letter the day after the eclipse. I was wondering if U2 had done another one of their "impromptu" concerts in honor of the eclipse, so I hopped on U2.com to see, but no such luck. Then saw a tweet that the new album is supposed to release on Dec. 1. Very excited! Love the mysterious element of this mailing - how FUN!!  Also, I didn't know until I read the article on surrenders' link, that the two silhouettes are B & E's children. Endearing