Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

The Blackout

5 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

I think the mistake we're all doing here is comparing.....we gotta stop comparing.....this isn't the U2 that was 5 years ago...or 20 years ago...or 30..or 40......or 5 seconds ago........" It's like the room, just cleared of smoke......."

This is very true. Some fans are looking for the next JT or AB, but for people whose work is music they probably don't want to sound the same on every album. Then you'd get people saying that every U2 song sounds the same lol, which somehow my non-fan friends actually say, to which I ask "Have you listened to more than one album?" Don't get me wrong, I love hearing hints of JT or AB, since those are my all-time favorites, but at the same time it's interesting to see what new sounds the band comes up with. To me that's what keeps them from being boring. And I can agree that Bono has some interesting lyrics these days, that don't make sense until I listen to the songs a dozen times lol, but I've always liked his unique style of lyrics. It feels like he doesn't constrain himself in what he can write. I actually really like SOI, I think Every Breaking Wave, Song for Someone and Cedarwood Road are some of the best lyrics Bono has written since JT and AB, and overall I think he did great with the lyrics on that album. The Little Things is great too, The Blackout is more strange but it's catchy. I am absolutely looking forward to Songs of Experience and whatever it ends up sounding like. I think I just ended up comparing again but the point is I will take whatever we get! 

:59a772ce87178_: = no information, no signal, no light. (as @AmpVisualDesign says)

:The_Blackout:

for years i wondered why Adam got 25 percent.....now i know.

didn't grab me like Vertigo .......probably gonna be a grower

Woo, this is like an early birthday present for me since my birthday is tomorrow! I love this song. It invokes feelings of 'Achtung Baby'. Now...when is the tour?

I wonder will they play "The Blackout" in the leg opener in Detroit? I was going to go, but can no longer, since I can't leave from Houston (pray for us here), so I won't know. I will see what social media says after the show.

16 minutes ago, toyoracer said:

Woo, this is like an early birthday present for me since my birthday is tomorrow! I love this song. It invokes feelings of 'Achtung Baby'. Now...when is the tour?

I wonder will they play "The Blackout" in the leg opener in Detroit? I was going to go, but can no longer, since I can't leave from Houston (pray for us here), so I won't know. I will see what social media says after the show.

Sounds like a good opener. It's always so strange hearing a song for the first time, it takes a few listens to feel the song and I have to read the lyrics to get the feel.

So sorry you are unable to make the Detroit show. Happy Birthday and praying for Houston and Texas.

If I have understood the idea of the setlist of the current tour a new song would not fit as a opener.

2 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

:59a772ce87178_: = no information, no signal, no light. (as @AmpVisualDesign says)

:The_Blackout:

Nice work Max, just noticed you added it to the emoticons! :59a772ce87178_:

The Blackout rocks man

Awesome song.

Well worth the wait 

Nothing like a mandatory 

Meeting at the hospital on your day off - at 11 when this is occurring. Great song. Loud and fast. Good stuff. Play in September! I love loud U2 to blare in my car - confuses people when they think of my quiet polite demeanor...and very loud music