The Blackout

U2Community

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not liking what i have heard so far. From what i can gather, its yet another attempt at a universally accepted Pop Hit. Likely along the lines of The Miracle, GOYB and other such sub standard u2 tunes. Id love to be wrong tho. Guess we will find out for sure soon

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, gman70 said:

Not liking what i have heard so far. From what i can gather, its yet another attempt at a universally accepted Pop Hit. Likely along the lines of The Miracle, GOYB and other such sub standard u2 tunes. Id love to be wrong tho. Guess we will find out for sure soon

I'm with ya gman. Am hoping for more than U2-by-the-numbers formula yet again. Then again, who am I kidding?...I will still love it! LOL

• Subscriber
Just now, whitehead said:

I'm with ya gman. Am hoping for more than U2-by-the-numbers formula yet again. Then again, who am I kidding?...I will still love it! LOL

I want to like it....so much. U2 are my fave band of all time, since 1982....BUT, there is a side to them, which creeps in now and then, and the end result, is a weak u2 song. Thankfully, there are roughly only around 4 songs, commited to album, that i struggle with. So, ive been kind of spoilt. But, when Ryan Tedder is involved, my expectation levels decrease significantly

• Community Manager

hi folks, less than 15 mins to go, was lucky to be one of those at the thing that this will end up being... any questions after its released, I will do my best to answer..

Archived