The Blackout

U2Community

• Subscriber

To be honest I'm surprised at the lack of love for SOI. I think that it is the most solid and complete album that they have released for some time. I can listen to it all the way through without skipping tracks which is not true an any album since AB.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

HI Bunny !!!!

Uhm....Yeah....The two songs are not groundbreaking or experimental but I don't think they can be compared to what  happened on ATYCLB.....I think that's U2 at their worst.....Even SOI is better !!!!

SOI is better than ATYCLB. In the same way that being kicked in the nuts is better than being stabbed in the face.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Grande 3:16 said:

SOI is better than ATYCLB. In the same way that being kicked in the nuts is better than being stabbed in the face.

Sadly, I agree to your point of view, good sir.........You gotta admit ATYCLB is a huge downer tho.........That being said....I hope BlackOut won't be on the album but more like a B-Side..... ....

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Grande 3:16 said:

I quite liked ATYCLB on it's release as it was U2 letting their hair down and going back to their earlier sound. Now it just feels dated. If it hadn't been so universally loved and had been pushed aside like Rattle and Hum then maybe I'd cut it some slack.

ATYCLB is politically correctness at its most annoying....Also, Really weak artistic performance on the album....Only track I really really love on it is the hidden bonus "The Ground BEneath her Feet" which is not even from the session for that album, ironically..........

Rattle and Hum, on the other hand......That's GREAT.......Just like *POP*......Great !!!!

A huge step down from the 90s.....It all went downhill from there.......

That's why I'm saying.....We gotta take what's coming for what it is.........

I think SOI has something to it......It makes me feel good.......That's enough for me.........And this new song too.....

Edited by pain_18_

• Community Moderator
6 hours ago, sazshackle said:

can we get blackout yet on Itunes, spotify etc......? or are there any plans to release it?

So far, no plans to release it as a single or to have it on any streaming platform...

You will need to wait until the album is released...