Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U2Community

The Blackout

Bigwave, I have another question for you. Did you get to hold Bono up when he was crowdsurfing?

Ooooooh that was all a bit sexy ?

40 years on and still creating great sounds, fabulous!

(PS. Is Larry turning into The Terminator?!)

You know, the thing I liked the most about the song is that fact that you wouldn't necessarily know it was U2 at first. The last time I had that feeling hearing U2 was when I first heard "Achtung Baby", "Zoo Station" specifically. That is, they appear to be trying to expand the 'U2 sound' (i.e., the overall sound we all hear in U2 songs that makes their songs different from (and better than) others) beyond what is known or expected from them.

I didn't love, or even understand, songs like "Zoo Station" at first - but, I adore them now! I hope this song is a initial signal that "Songs Of Experience" could possibly be an attempt to create an AB for the 21st Century. (Well, that is my hope anyway. :)

Looking forward to next week! :D

5 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Bigwave, I have another question for you. Did you get to hold Bono up when he was crowdsurfing?

he was just to left of us, they did 5 takes, he crowdsurfed in 2, up the middle.. so not , but was amazing, spontaneous looking.. comes across great on video you think?

1 hour ago, gman70 said:

Not liking what i have heard so far. From what i can gather, its yet another attempt at a universally accepted Pop Hit. Likely along the lines of The Miracle, GOYB and other such sub standard u2 tunes. Id love to be wrong tho. Guess we will find out for sure soon

I'm presently on the same page. The only caveat I have to that is I have needed a bit of time to 'find myself' feeling certain tunes from the last 3 disks. I was very satisfies when I did, though same never found me or vise versa, to be frank.

Feels a little like Superman has Vertigo. Whereas 'The Little Things..' , while a fairly uncomplicated presentation carries all the typical very real sincerity we know pulls many of us in.

It's only one song, but....it makes me nervous ! Cheers.

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

he was just to left of us, they did 5 takes, he crowdsurfed in 2, up the middle.. so not , but was amazing, spontaneous looking.. comes across great on video you think?

It does! Of course my first reaction was "Be careful Bono!"  There's just so much energy in the video and song.

6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Well actually he jumped 4 times out of 5 , had to hold his belly and shoulders and ass every time. He was always looking with his right hand for a steady grip by a fan, but I never got his hand. Weird seeing Bono above you 4 times after each other :-)

Expected more based on the clip yesterday. Hopefully it's a grower.  Interesting to see some of the usual suspects randomly selected for the video.

This sounds like something off of Achtung Baby! The beginning is like a combo of Even Better Than The Real Thing and The Miracle. Absolutely great, I love it, it's a hit! And Bono crowdsurfing is just the best bonus ? Can't wait until next week for the new single. Wish they would release this one now though!