You're The Best Thing About Me (New Single)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It's a bit of a grower for me...can't say I love it, but it's not bad. Any time new U2 music comes into the world, that's a good thing.

Now, The Blackout on the other hand....I loved that tune right from the first few notes. That vibe really has me excited and I hope the new album leans more toward that vein than Best Thing.

The second half of Little Things.....brilliant as well.  Lyrically, just as revealing as Mofo.

• Subscriber

One other thing I thought was strange was that the way rolling stone was describing the lyrics made it seem like it was a sad song dealing with romantic dissatisfaction yet the song itself is upbeat. I'ts like they're trying to pull something off of the song One but that song actually had the right feel and tempo where with YTBTAM it just doesn't seem to fit but then again I could be interpreting that wrong. On the bright side I love how they have been better incorporating Adam's bass playing in the mix where the sounds and the riffs stick out. Same thing  for Blackout.

• Subscriber

I'm not loving it. :(

Seems they're aiming for another Beautiful Day, another song I don't love. Beautiful Day was the kind of song U2 can make sleepwalking, but here they seem to be putting a lot of effort into music they can do on autopilot. A bit of a paradox if that makes sense. 

• Subscriber

It's a grower for me... The more I hear it the more I like it. Different sounds coming from U2 are always welcome. Looking forward to what else they have in store.

I've already voiced my opinion on the thought of Ryan Tedder being so heavily involved. I won't do it again. 

Really looking forward to the album! 

Side note, apparently there is a remix version of this? Where can we hear it? 

• Subscriber

Why they did not release The Blackout, a much better song which still had the  potential for broad appeal, is a complete mystery to me. Honestly I love U2 but they just cant seem to get it right when it comes to selecting singles. Still looking forward to the album since The Blackout and Little Things are great songs.

• Subscriber

"I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy" favorite lyrics. I've been listening to the song all day. It has an honest and happy vibe and I can almost hear Bono's smiling  when he's singing.  It's a evolution of the next u2. I'm loving it..all the sounds!!!. It's a song to smile about and a sound you'd want to hear waking up to and even from a bad dream and to know everything's alright.

I remember Bono saying he wishes Christian music could be more honest and this is what is happening here. Happy it's another new song to enjoy and to mark the moment in time and to think there is more to come..!!! 

Edited by U2LAWoman
left out a lyric