Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Tonight's St. Louis Show Cancelled

26 minutes ago, onlyluv said:

Please reschedule

Yes, please! I drove all the way up from Dallas for this show... but I'll come back!

• Like 2

I'm feeling so sad for everyone who will now miss out, but I can very well understand the cancellation. I do hope they'll be able to reschedule somehow ...

Not complaining totally but I missed Indy because someone hits us on the Interstate and now this...glad I canceled the rental car and hotel in time. Sad for those already there - and who were going to see them for the first time. Maybe they could send ticket holders a bootleg DVD of a JT show? Hint hint. Keep reminding people it isn't a U2 decision per se - more a math problem. Needs security that would have worked the show on the streets later - and with businesses closed if the goal of the protestors is to disrupt - even peacefully - they would certainly head to the Dome.

Edited by badsilver
Wordy

It's the right decision, although I am sympathetic to the people who traveled from out of town to St. Louis.

The protests and the reason people are protesting right now in St. Louis is far more important than a concert. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, POP_Muzik said:

The protests and the reason people are protesting right now in St. Louis is far more important than a concert. 

I agree that the concert needed to be cancelled due to lack of sufficient security.  As for the second part of the post, the victim was dealing heroin.  He led the police on a high speed chase (80-90 mph) on city streets.  He rammed the police car multiple times.  He was shot when reaching for his gun.  Other shootings might be reason for protests, but I don't see it in this case.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, beaveman said:

I agree that the concert needed to be cancelled due to lack of sufficient security.  As for the second part of the post, the victim was dealing heroin.  He led the police on a high speed chase (80-90 mph) on city streets.  He rammed the police car multiple times.  He was shot when reaching for his gun.  Other shootings might be reason for protests, but I don't see it in this case.

The victim was ALLEGEDLY dealing heroin.  The victim had a gun planted on him by the indicted officer.  The indicted officer said "i'm going to kill this motherfucker" before approaching Anthony Lamar Smith's vehicle or seeing this imaginary weapon.  The indicted officer was carrying and used a weapon that he was not authorized to have on duty.  No officer is empowered to be judge, jury, & executioner.  No human deserves to be shot in the street this way.  #blacklivesmatter  #anthonylamarsmith  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1