Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Tonight's St. Louis Show Cancelled

Had tickets to the show tonight and am extremely disappointed but in my heart feel this was the right decision.  Was hoping the show would be rescheduled but it doesn't appear that will be the case.  Regarding my city of St. Louis, I can agree with peaceful protesters but those that just want to be violent and destructive, I will never understand how destroying your city helps bring resolution to any situation..  Praying for peace.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mksiggy75 said:

The victim was ALLEGEDLY dealing heroin.  The victim had a gun planted on him by the indicted officer.  The indicted officer said "i'm going to kill this motherfucker" before approaching Anthony Lamar Smith's vehicle or seeing this imaginary weapon.  The indicted officer was carrying and used a weapon that he was not authorized to have on duty.  No officer is empowered to be judge, jury, & executioner.  No human deserves to be shot in the street this way.  #blacklivesmatter  #anthonylamarsmith  

Yes, thank you for posting the facts. The gun planted also only had the cop's fingerprints on it. He killed Lamar Smith 6 inches away from him, and shot him 5 times.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Very sad news, two friends traveled from Dallas very early in the morning, they are very disappointed, they say that literally nothing is happening, they are there in St. Louis and they don´t see any protest.

I feel sad today.  I feel bad for the local St Louis fans, for the fans who traveled a long distance and especially those fans attending their first U2 concert (I attended my first U2 concert this year).  If anyone traveled from hurricane affecting areas I feel bad for you.  U2 transcends politics and their music allows us to find common ground, whether we are left, right or independent.  I'm looking forward to the San Diego show and thanks for allowing me express myself.  Stay safe St Louis. 

Of course, one can't take risks with safety precautions on an event of such scale - especially when the world is in such a shape... I understand the band just followed the security recommendations provided by promoter who based the decisions on the information from police force and the venue. Still pissed by the fact they had to cancel just when the worst part was already over... It could have been pretty scary on Friday, but flew in to St Louis this morning, was walking around the downtown for hours - haven't seen the slightest sign of riots or protests so far. No blocked roads, no enhanced police presence, no broken windows - nothing of sorts. City life looks completely back to normal. Went up the Arch, visited the Old Courthouse (which was one of scenes of protest yesterday) - it's business as usual. For me as an outsider, city looks completely peaceful, even lazy. Checked the news about the protesters blocking West County Center Mall, but apparently it was entirely peaceful demonstration. Even so, it was on the outskirts of the city, 15 miles away from The Dome...

Had tickets for tonight's show to celebrate my 50th birthday.  I completely understand the cancellation, but I really wish they had just postponed, maybe add a date at the end of the tour.  My sister and I were really excited to relive The Joshua Tree concert we saw in 1987 at the St. Louis Arena.

Heartbroken. My husband and I were going to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with this concert. I understand why it was cancelled, but it is a shame that criminal malcontents have to ruin a enjoyable evening for tens of thousands of U2 fans.