Sign in to follow this  
zoomcat

New U2 Presale Procedure from Live Nation?

seen the chat on twitter about this, its news to us (mods) - be interesting to see how this pans out...

I really hope this pans out nowhere! It would be nothing more than a cash grab and free promoting, all on the fans.

have read about this and hope it does`nt come about although it seems to be a live nation thing...everyone of their acts has now changed the way they distribute pre sale...it sounds horrendous and quite frankly i lost the trace of the article half way through..it seems now you need to have numerous online interaction within the group website to qualify for tickets as well as being a paid up member or maybe I` m reading it wrong? anybody else enlighten me

Not sure if Bryan Adams is with Live Nation but... 

Last Saturday tickets for his show at 3 arena in Dublin went on public sale but before that there was a 3 customer presale and after that a Spotify presale 

Things are getting crazy for live shows , hiking prices up was not enough 

this will be the end of my subscription if this is true..it seems to be going down the road of...if you buy xxx copies of our album online or indeed official merchandise it gets you to the front of the pre sale queue ahead of say...an old fogey like myself who has had long term subscription commitment but does`nt really buy anything through official website...it s a sad day if it comes to this(and I think it will)  live nation and ticketmaster combining to screw more money out of fans in return you get to the front of the queue for presale concert tickets....this is after , of course , paying a yearly subscription already to said fansite for the very same privilege...it will finally put paid to this long standing urban myth that u2 have a "special relationship" with their fans 

Stupid newbie question, but I  joined the paid fan club a few months ago mainly to get access to ticket  presales because last time I went through hell buying a U2 ticket.... and now I am reading this article https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/aug/31/bad-blood-is-taylor-swifts-verified-fan-system-a-way-to-reward-followers-or-rip-them-off and several postings on twitter assuming that U2 will maybe follow up with a new FanScore(?!) thingy to get a better line in queue?! I‘m very confused now, I really had hope that being a paying fanclub member should be enough to get relaxed access to tickets?  :( #forTheLoveOfLiveMusic <3

you are not alone...this is something that is a ticketmaster /live nation creation....a lot of bands that are associated with live nation are doing this not just taylor swift...officially it is to reward fans who buy music/merchandise directly from the artists website and also to avoid touts buying up numerous memberships in order to get tickets

operational concept here:

assuming that U2 will maybe follow up with a new FanScore

as of right now, there is no official word on what will be implemented. Please wait until an official announcement with official guidelines...

At this point, there’s a lot of speculation going around. Best to wait on official information here.