Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nessy_k said:

So...I was wondering if there was a problem with the quality of the pressings? I bought an *imported* 30 year remastered JT vinyl set here in Australia - $60 - and it had faults. WTSHNN skipped repeatedly and there appeared to be tiny spaces in the grooves. It was a poor quality pressing. I find it bizarre that in my youth I don't remember ever getting a single faulty LP like this so I wonder about the quality control on these new albums. If you bought one and you are keeping it nicely sealed in plastic, you may want to open it and check. I took mine back. $60 for a faulty LP when I own the original anyway...ahem (insert embarrassed cough)...no thanks...but I'm looking forward to these singles arriving in the future! I'd rather they were delayed and top quality...better than being sent out quickly with poor quality control.

If that is true, i would appreciate them just being honest and could understand why they would want the best quality sent out. Again, if they underestimated the amount that needed pressing, just be bloody honest. The end result will be the same so just be truthful as to why there is a problem.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, I signed up over a year ago and requested the Joshua Tree vinyl singles as part of the fan club membership, but have never received them.  Has everyone else?  Is this a known issue?  I've written about my order several times but have never gotten a response.  It's a real shame because I went ahead and let my fan club membership end earlier this month because they did not deliver on their promise the first time.  Why bother signing up again if they don't give you the gift nor reply back to you?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was really looking forward to that vinyl collection and it's a shame they couldn't even give me a response.

• Community Moderator
3 hours ago, NickMode said:

Hi guys, I signed up over a year ago and requested the Joshua Tree vinyl singles as part of the fan club membership, but have never received them.  Has everyone else?  Is this a known issue?  I've written about my order several times but have never gotten a response.  It's a real shame because I went ahead and let my fan club membership end earlier this month because they did not deliver on their promise the first time.  Why bother signing up again if they don't give you the gift nor reply back to you?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was really looking forward to that vinyl collection and it's a shame they couldn't even give me a response.

About the Joshua Tree vinyl singles, this is the most recent update:

UPDATE JANUARY 2018
Following dispatch of initial orders in December, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch will resume in early February. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. 

http://www.u2.com/news/title/dispatch-update-2017-subscriber-gift/news/

(scroll to the very bottom)

Please keep checking periodically your email (even the spam folder), the site and this Zootopia forum for any possible update about the gift...

also, please log off, delete cookies from your browser and log in again... you are currently appearing as a Free Zoo Member...

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

Max took you long enough to put any sort of answer up.

and do you think moving this topic will curb the anger that people are feeling for this shambles

they are quick enough to take the money but can't supply the item.

you mean merge the topic (that was me - it helps keeping together same or similar questions) often that have been answered numerous times before  (and always original topic will show link to new merged topic)

We (mods) answer queries when we can, as best we can, we aren't in control of how / when / why sub gifts are posted out.

• Community Moderator
53 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

Max took you long enough to put any sort of answer up.

and do you think moving this topic will curb the anger that people are feeling for this shambles

they are quick enough to take the money but can't supply the item.

moving threads is an administrative task... we don't have much control on many things, like how or when the gifts are sent...

but if you feel I should be the guilty one... carry on...