Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

Beware of that turntable.  I've heard bad things about it.  Read the negative reviews.  Cheap turntables will ruin your vinyl.

OK :) but the point remains, that not being able to play one's vinyl is a very easy problem to resolve.

• Subscriber
Just now, colinos said:

OK :) but the point remains, that not being able to play one's vinyl is a very easy problem to resolve.

It was not critical.  Many people are going out and buying turntables for a hundred bucks or so and their vinyls get ruined.  A decent turntable is hundreds of dolllars-for those who want their vinyls to remain in good condition.  It's just a warning.

• Subscriber

so it's already some days into March and now I decided to ask u2.com about my
order status... let's see what happens...

Oh about the turntable:

I use this one and I am really convinced about it - not too cheap but also not overpriced - decent player :)
https://www.amazon.de/Dual-500-USB-HiFi-Plattenspieler-Magnet-Tonabnehmer-System/dp/B01LQ5VB64

sorry, it's German Amazon, maybe you can find it for your country if you are interested in a lookup on details :unsure:

• Subscriber

sorry, me again, but I just checked emails and my support request at u2.com couldn't get through? got a returned mail notice.
"no relay" for my email adress? that's an odd thing, never had that before. even tried 2 different email adresses and none got through.
anyone experienced similar problems in the past?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, colinos said:

Thanks for all the recommendations.  I may have to break down even though it feels like I’m digressing backwards. But, it’s killing me staring at these lps. Nice pictures to b staring at however. Lol

• Subscriber

I just sent another email in, I am 100% done with this bs. I told the so called "support" if they don't give me a straight answer soon as to why I don't have my vinyl or what is going on (because I have had multiple emails go unanswered) that I will be reporting them as a business and going about whatever means necessary to get my refund. I don't care what others have said insisting it doesn't matter or they don't care about a "free gift". At the end of the day this isn't free, I paid to be part of and exclusive membership club and my fees went to this item that I haven't received. You wouldn't be so relaxed about pre-ordering an item from amazon, or any music label, or even Best Buy. My money was taken and I have gotten nothing but the run-around about this item. This is not how you conduct your business for the fans that are supposed to be considered your "special fan club members". I am so disgusted by the whole thing.  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, chulia83 said:

sorry, me again, but I just checked emails and my support request at u2.com couldn't get through? got a returned mail notice.
"no relay" for my email adress? that's an odd thing, never had that before. even tried 2 different email adresses and none got through.
anyone experienced similar problems in the past?

Yes, that happened to me in January when I tried to ask them a question about the presales. I had no such problems with a previous support request in December so I don't know why that one failed.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tflyer90 said:

I just sent another email in, I am 100% done with this bs. I told the so called "support" if they don't give me a straight answer soon as to why I don't have my vinyl or what is going on (because I have had multiple emails go unanswered) that I will be reporting them as a business and going about whatever means necessary to get my refund. I don't care what others have said insisting it doesn't matter or they don't care about a "free gift". At the end of the day this isn't free, I paid to be part of and exclusive membership club and my fees went to this item that I haven't received. You wouldn't be so relaxed about pre-ordering an item from amazon, or any music label, or even Best Buy. My money was taken and I have gotten nothing but the run-around about this item. This is not how you conduct your business for the fans that are supposed to be considered your "special fan club members". I am so disgusted by the whole thing.  

I agree. This is bogus. I am still waiting on both the vinyl and a reply.