Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

• Subscriber
On 3/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, Gjachts said:

It shows that my 2017 "gift" has shipped and they gave me a tracking number indicating that it was shipped on February 28,.  Of course the tracking number shows that the label was created but the package was not dropped off.  

21 hours ago, james busick said:

That tracking number on the order status page is not the UPS one.  If you got the shipping confirmation e-mail from UPS My Choice, that has the correct tracking number.  Mine was shipped on 3/2 to Austin, TX and is scheduled for delivery 3/9.  So you'll probably get yours in the next few days if you're in the U.S.

19 hours ago, dmway said:

Yes, I'll back this up too - I got the label for mine created on 2/26 and, according to the USPS tracking site, mine is (finally) arriving tomorrow.

Of course, I will let you know if it really happens - I have a feeling it will. It shows that it is already waiting in my local post office for delivery tomorrow by 8 p.m. I don't think they would lie that badly in plain sight! :D

...and they were true to their word!

The set finally arrived in suburban Philly just in time to beat the snowstorm that is coming tonight/tomorrow.

If only I had, or even wanted to have, a turntable... :rolleyes:

They are packaged quite nicely - oh, this hasn't been mentioned before (that I have seen anyway), so I'll mention it here in case some people are expecting one thing and could possibly be unnecessarily disappointed by receiving another.

These are 10" vinyls, not 12" (really, more about 10 1/2 inches) - like the old EPs used to be back in the day. Now, of course, this is completely proper and rational - there is only one song on each side, so why would you really need a full-size 12" disc? (Of course, I am also wondering a bit why they just didn't make 7" 45s out of this set - that would have been very easy to do. Perhaps the look and sound are better the way they are...)

Well, they have arrived - those who have a recent date in their order status should be getting theirs soon.

Off to think about where to position my new "artwork"... :huh:

Edited by dmway
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 4/3/2018 at 3:02 PM, kevincarb said:

Rumour has it if you email them it prompts them to push you to top of list, few on u2start have done it and virtually next day order on way, I emailed 28th and next day order status changed to shipped, coincidence ? Maybe, the sceptic in me says it was the email 

will try that, thanks for the hint !

• Subscriber

I've also seen reported that the customer service people have no contact with the distribution/warehouse people. So emailing customer service could be just clogging up the system for no good reason. Obviously many fanclub gifts are being dispatched around now. It's not impossible that people emailing customer service and their set being dispatched is just coincidence.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, dmway said:

...and they were true to their word!

The set finally arrived in suburban Philly just in time to beat the snowstorm that is coming tonight/tomorrow.

If only I had, or even wanted to have, a turntable... :rolleyes:

They are packaged quite nicely - oh, this hasn't been mentioned before (that I have seen anyway), so I'll mention it here in case some people are expecting one thing and could possibly be unnecessarily disappointed by receiving another.

These are 10" vinyls, not 12" (really, more about 10 1/2 inches) - like the old EPs used to be back in the day. Now, of course, this is completely proper and rational - there is only one song on each side, so why would you really need a full-size 12" disc? (Of course, I am also wondering a bit why they just didn't make 7" 45s out of this set - that would have been very easy to do. Perhaps the look and sound are better the way they are...)

Well, they have arrived - those who have a recent date in their order status should be getting theirs soon.

Off to think about where to position my new "artwork"... :huh:

Yes, lovely packaging and 10 " vinyls.  Both are good points, I would have been 100% satisfied if they were under the Christmas tree.  Overall I was 85% satisfied due to shipping delays.  Cheers

• Subscriber
On 4/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, Manohlive said:

It was not critical.  Many people are going out and buying turntables for a hundred bucks or so and their vinyls get ruined.  A decent turntable is hundreds of dolllars-for those who want their vinyls to remain in good condition.  It's just a warning.

just out of curiosity, can these turntables ruin the vinyls in their first run? or is it a slow process caused by bad needles so one has to listen to the vinyl several times before it gets ruined? thanks.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

just out of curiosity, can these turntables ruin the vinyls in their first run? or is it a slow process caused by bad needles so one has to listen to the vinyl several times before it gets ruined? thanks.

I have no idea.  I wish I could help.  Friends told me what I wrote.  They are big vinyl lovers.  I found my old Dual turntable.  I was going to buy a new one and they said to use the old one as the inexpensive new ones are ruining the vinyls of people.  Look at the reviews is all I can suggest.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, tvgio.com said:

15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I have no idea.  I wish I could help.  Friends told me what I wrote.  They are big vinyl lovers.  I found my old Dual turntable.  I was going to buy a new one and they said to use the old one as the inexpensive new ones are ruining the vinyls of people.  Look at the reviews is all I can suggest.

The "issue" with poorly made turntables is the lack of counterweight which is the balance on the arm...modern records can survive much more usage because of the heavyweight material they're made out of etc but older records are more susceptible to wear if the weight on the arm isn't properly set. Many of the less expensive or less expensively made turntables don't have a weighted arm and they put more wear into the grooves of the records. 

Also the small "portable" turntables have undersize platters and long story short when the record is hanging off the edge it puts more needle weight into the grooves and again is putting more wear into your records. 

....I hope this is helpful.