Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

• Subscriber

My "gift" has arrived today in the UK. Shipped 1st March, delivered 7th March via UPS and according to the customs label the country of origin of goods is Czech Republic. 

All looks very nice (well as much as I can see given that I'm keeping the discs sealed in the sellophane as I dont currently have a record player. 

Now where's my 2018 gift? :lol:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, scooby555 said:

My "gift" has arrived today in the UK. Shipped 1st March, delivered 7th March via UPS

Did you have to sign for it? Supposedly mine was dispatched back in December, but I didn't receive it. I'm trying to chase it down now, or find out what (might have) happened to it. If a signature is required, it's easier to track of course.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, colinos said:

Did you have to sign for it? Supposedly mine was dispatched back in December, but I didn't receive it. I'm trying to chase it down now, or find out what (might have) happened to it. If a signature is required, it's easier to track of course.

No signature required. I found it resting against my front door when I returned this afternoon. Good luck getting yours!

Edited to add, of course, I received no email advising me that the gift was on its way - despite what has been said elsewhere. 

Edited by scooby555
Add comment re no email
  • Subscriber

Mine arrived today in the peoples republic of Wales also. Raised the issue with Mich40 last weekend as no order relating to these in my u2.com shop despite having redeemed gift.Had a reply from u2.com on Sunday and vinyls arrived today.

I can’t really fault that,so thanks U2.com and Mich for resolving this quickly when I raised this. Credit where credits due and all that! U2.com and the mods have taken a lot of flack over this and the presales(from myself included), so I think it is also important to give positive feedback when something is sorted out quickly.

now where’s my 2018 elephant! 

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Subscriber

got a tracking number on my account shipped Feb 8, waiting to be picked up by shipper, "but I still haven't found, records on my stoop"

Edited by PAG-IN
  • Subscriber

Either my mails to customer support didn’t go through or left unanswered, but somehow the order nr disappeared from my orders on the shop site... 

unfortunaltely I‘m not at home til saturday evening and can’t check if the gift finally arrived :wacko: 

I'm really not surprised by the delay. I think this is par for course for the subscriber "gift", unfortunately. The first time I bought a membership on U2.com the gift was the CD "Medium, Rare, and Remastered". It took so long to arrive that I totally forgot it was coming! And this was a CD. No pressing plant hold up. I'm not sure why it takes so long. The "Another Time, Another Place" vinyl also took a long time. It's a shame that the mods catch so much flack because they are certainly not responsible. But as others have pointed out, it's very hard to get an answer from a human who works for Live Nation or whomever.

My friend is still waiting for the 2017 vinyl gift. He placed the order last May.

I sort of look at it as follows: I pay for the pre sale access, and the gift comes at some point and it's usually pretty cool once it gets here. Keeps me from getting angry, haha.

One bit of feedback if anyone at U2.com cares: Make the coupons usable for music and other media!

cheers, folks.