Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, u2_kg said:

Got my singles last weekend and threw them on the record player. They look and sound great - except for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Studio Side). It sounds warped. Like when a cassette tape would start to wear out. Speed up, slow down, wobble. The vinyl itself is fairly warped, too. Anyone else have this problem? I'm about to start a claim with support but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

That sounds like the vinyl has been stored incorrectly and it definitely needs replacing. How annoying, I hope you get it sorted.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 12/3/2018 at 4:26 AM, Manohlive said:

I've read your comments and remember both of you are still waiting.  I'm glad they are sent.   I hope they arrive soon.

Got them!!!! Rome, Italy. Redeemed may 3rd 2017, shipped February 13th 2018. Arrived. Thanks!!!

IMG_20180317_114710-min.jpg

• Subscriber
On 3/12/2018 at 5:16 PM, berrigan2101 said:

i got mine last week after ordering in November so not as bad as some people but mine looked like they're from 1987 given the condition they arrived in<_<

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

::: This damage on the sleeves spines comes directly from a wrong way to pack'em before shipping. It seems it was made in a hurry, careless and without any knowledge about how to protect a vinyl record for a short or long trip. Sorry for your records, I hope they can get you a replacement.

Regards.

10 hours ago, russpm said:

That sounds like the vinyl has been stored incorrectly and it definitely needs replacing. How annoying, I hope you get it sorted.

I have two friends who have received theirs. One set was warped (dished). The other set had a hole torn through the entire set (all of the sleeves were damaged, and 3 of the 4 records were cracked. I inspected these and they were also warped.

From my experience, looks like some very bad pressings and bad shipping/handling.

The last time i got a subscriber gift it was the live vinyl "Another Time, Another Place". The first one I was sent was severely warped.

• Subscriber

Well as mentioned previously got my email this past Monday and got them this past Wednesday in Southern California. So not bad BUT I haven't had a chance to check them out. I really hoped there not warped cause I really don't want to deal with that because who knows how long the whole process can take to get them replaced!!

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, monicaforrestall said:

Long time member.. I renewed my membership in March 2017 and again in March this year. Still waiting on 2017 gift.

Have you received a shipping email yet? If not I would contact Live Nation immediately. Good luck.

• Subscriber

Message of hope for those still waiting - mine arrived in perfect condition today. That is 10 days since emailing Live Nation and 6 days since receiving a shipping email. I'm in the uk.

hope everyone gets sorted soon.

They are very nice.

• Community Moderator
5 minutes ago, PAG-IN said:

How did you contact Live Nation? Mine has said waiting on USPS to pick up for almost two months. 

I think its it’s time I rattle a cage somewhere. 

please check the info here: https://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/contactus

You can also call the Customer Service 1-800-615-1324. (From outside the U.S. please use +1-434-205-7049)