Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

the u2comteam is aware of the situation - we periodically report what we receive concerning the gift...

Thank you for the reply. I just haven't seen any "official" reassurance or even comment since I started following this thread almost 5 months ago. I was wondering if those of us who remember the missing 2017 gift were just being left in here to rant at each other until we ran out of steam.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

And the wait continues.... thanks Max for the short update. As Colinos said: not a single comment was given by U2 nor Live Nation concerning this matter so it is indeed a relief to hear at least something from one of the moderators!

Edited by Bobni
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Bobni said:

And the wait continues.... thanks Max for the short update. As Colinos said: not a single comment was given by U2 nor Live Nation concerning this matter so it is indeed a relief to hear at least something from one of the moderators!

They're on to the next way to make a buck.  When I get 5-6 emails a week telling me to go to the U2 Shop to buy the new tour crap, that's a good indicator they have moved on and don't care if we get what we paid for.  If they can make the new tour merch, there's no reason they can't make our stuff in less than 5-12 months.   I don't know if moderators work for the same organization as where the emails come from but the comments to the thread are of little content or consolation. They should be digging in to what the he** is going on with these gift members were promised 18 MONTHS AGO, instead of waiting on something to comment on.  The replies I get from the U2.com "Team" are clearly meant to put you off and say they are responding to concerns but they don't address my question(s) AT ALL.  I love how they are "happy help with my questions" yet never answer a single one.  My order has been "awaiting package from shipper" status with USPS since February!!  When I brought that up in an email to them, they just said a re-order was sent and the order number was blahblah blah.  Well, the thing is, I was told it would be sent in the order received so does that mean mine is now in the back of the line since they are so incompetent that the order was never given to USPS??  And, to top that, the order number blahblah blah is not even a good number in the order system when I try to check its status.  I told them in the email about this and as you can see below, there is no page in their answer book for that question, much like MANY questions I have sent.  I only receive this same copy/paste reply.  Whoever is running the show is CLEARLY out of their depth.  And I don't know what if any connection the band has to this site, but if I were them, I would be pissed off!.  But, they likely have no idea what is being done in their name.  They're busy selling the new tour....

Hello .....,

Thanks for contacting us, my name is Orlando and I’ll be happy to help with your questions today!

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received your reshipped gift order number .......

Regretfully, all U2 Fan Club Membership gifts are currently in production at this time. We'll have all membership gifts shipped out as soon as we have them in our warehouse.

Once again my sincere apologies for the delivery delay and inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you need anything else, just reply to this email.

I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Orlando
U2.com Team

• Community Moderator
12 minutes ago, PAG-IN said:

I don't know if moderators work for the same organization as where the emails come from but the comments to the thread are of little content or consolation. They should be digging in to what the he** is going on with these gift members were promised 18 MONTHS AGO, instead of waiting on something to comment on.

Our job is to moderate the board.

We do what we can to help to solve these (and other) issues, but we don't have the means nor the authority to provide a solution or to dig about what is happening...

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Our job is to moderate the board.

We do what we can to help to solve these (and other) issues, but we don't have the means nor the authority to provide a solution or to dig about what is happening...

I should have stated it THIS way.

"I don't know if moderators work for the same organization as where the emails come from but IF THEY DO the comments to the thread are of little content or consolation. They should be digging in to what the he** is going on with these gift members were promised 18 MONTHS AGO, instead of waiting on something to comment on."

• Subscriber

To the best of my knowledge the moderators are unpaid volunteers. U2 fans who do the best they can to help other U2 fans.

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be still waiting on the 2017 gift. It's not good enough. Live Nation and the U2 shop have been providing unacceptable poor service for a few years now.

• Subscriber

It's been 7 months since I subscribed (2018) and I changed my 2018 gift for a 2017 gift after I saw what the 2018 gift would be (I mean come on, one 10" with litterally no song I like VS 4x10" with only songs I like... I would never chose the 2018 gift after that). They said the change was done, sent me a download link and I've been waiting ever since (it's been about 4 months since I changed the gift).

From what I read here, I souldn't be expecting it before 2020... That's a shame.... Plus I got shitty seats far from the stage at the presale... It does not encourage me to subscribe again in 2019.

Edited by valentin_sappy
  • Subscriber

I don't want to speak too soon, but I have some positive news to share with anyone still waiting on the Joshua Tree Singles...

After confirming my choice of this subscriber gift in May 2017, I received just 5 minutes ago a shipping confirmation email! The set is, by all accounts, finally on its way to me!

Anyone else still waiting, don't give up just yet!