U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Community Moderator

We (meaning mod team) are in contact with the U2comteam - they have the information you have sent - in a few cases I had to ask for additional information.

The information is being thoroughly checked...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, soey said:

All the best of luck to the North America Presales!! Hope that everything will turn out fine for you!!

I just got a reply by u2-support concering my concern about Europe

@chulia83 and all those like me who were/are lost in chaos

" Sorry for the confusion with the set up. It is fine that you completed the set up, just do not use the codes. The Europen leg of the tour is set up differenly, you will receive information on that at a later date."

I also got this email by u2's sms-support: " Sorry for the confusion with the set up. No need to complete the setup if you are not interested in purchasing US/Canada tickets. Simply wait for the European leg of the tour to be announced. We strongly suggest you do NOT use any code sent to you for US/Canada tour. "

@soeyThank you :) 

good luck to all of you with buying tickets and to all those who have problems with the rejection e-mail, hope it will be fixed for you soon! 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

What does Max mean by resubscribed?  My membership goes into May.  I resubscribed last May.  Customer service told me I was good to go but I'm confused about the resubscribing thing.

Did you buy tickets for the Joshua Tree tour?

If you did then you would have needed to renew your membership despite it not expiring till May. In order to be eligible for this tour. 

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2
  • Subscriber
Just now, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Did you buy tickets for the Joshua Tree tour?

If you did then you would have needed to renew your membership despite it not expiring till May. In order to be eligible for this tour. 

Yes, I did.  However, I spoke with customer service the other day and he said I was good to go and did not need to resubscribe right now.  I'm confused.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Yes, I did.  However, I spoke with customer service the other day and he said I was good to go and did not need to resubscribe right now.  I'm confused.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that as this is a new tour and as you have bought tickets for a previous tour, people were not eligible for this tours presale, without resubscribing.

I was in the same situation as yourself so resubscribed before the deadline to be safe. As the information we were given wasn't exactly clear.

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
Just now, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that as this is a new tour and as you have bought tickets for a previous tour, people were not eligible for this tours presale, without resubscribing.

I was in the same situation as yourself so resubscribe before the deadline to be safe.

The deadline has passed.  Customer service told me I did not need to resubscribe when I called the other day.  I'm recovering from multiple head trauma so I called them and asked.  They said I was okay with no resubscribing.  I'm baffled.  It looks like I'm out of the presale yet I called them to make sure I was okay.

• Subscriber

The same thing happened to me. My subscription did not run out until February 2018 and I was not sure if I had to re-sub or not.  Everything went well and I was verified and got the green go ahead, but when I kept reading the instructions, it was not clear to me as to whether I needed to resolve or not. 

I called and was told I was fine and did not need to resubscribe.  I kept pressing and was put on hold while they spoke with the supervisor and I was still reassured that I did not need to re-sub. 

I re-subbed at the last minute because it was still nagging at me. A lot of good that did. Sigh

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

The deadline has passed.  Customer service told me I did not need to resubscribe when I called the other day.  I'm recovering from multiple head trauma so I called them and asked.  They said I was okay with no resubscribing.  I'm baffled.  It looks like I'm out of the presale yet I called them to make sure I was okay.

Sorry to hear that. I renewed my subscription last May too  but as I used my code to get JT30 tickets I was told I needed to renew it  now (I didn't cause I'm still waiting for the European leg info). This whole thing is nonsense. 

• Subscriber
Just now, ritamachado said:

Sorry to hear that. I renewed my subscription last May too  but as I used my code to get JT30 tickets I was told I needed to renew it  now (I didn't cause I'm still waiting for the European leg info). This whole thing is nonsense. 

I can barely see straight.  I have a headache 24/7.  I cannot work for at least six more months.  I need GAs for this tour.  It is also the first tour I'd be able to do GAs.  I don't understand why customer service told me I was okay when I specifically called and asked.  I told them I can't read screens easily.  He said I was okay and no worries.  I'm not trying to plead a sob story but this is ridiculous.  These shows keep me going.  I'm really bummed.  Thanks for the info.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic