U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Community Manager
53 minutes ago, jonno77 said:

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

sounds complicated.. and discount codes can;t be used against music purchases in u2 shop

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, bigwave said:

use the Help page form to ask CS if they can adjust for you (they might as you just resubbed)

In the same situation. Renewed on Saturday and can't complete the verified fan subscriber list, without having pay for the new 2018 subscription package. 

Will I be expected to pay again for essentially the same period?

• Subscriber
Just now, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

In the same situation. Renewed on Saturday and can't complete the verified fan subscriber list, without having pay for the new 2018 subscription package. 

Will I be expected to pay again for essentially the same period?

If you have to pay again for a 2018 package to verify,it adds 12 months to your existing subscription.So you'd be active until,I presume,29th Oct 2019,if you renewed last Saturday.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, gmc said:

If you have to pay again for a 2018 package to verify,it adds 12 months to your existing subscription.So you'd be active until,I presume,29th Oct 2019,if you renewed last Saturday.

You would hope so. But don't fancy spending another $40 on something I just resubscribed to.

Tickets are not even on sale on the stress :(

• Subscriber

daft question coming up. i am subscribed(have been for many years) till jan 2018, i take it i need to subscribe again before that to have access to a presale code.....if i subscribe just now as i was/am about to will this give me access to uk tour dates (i live in glasgow) or do i need to wait to subscribe when uk tour dates are announced which then can be linked to ticketmaster uk account as opposed to what is on profile page just now which is north american ticketmaster and dates.....sorry if how i have worded this is confusing but that is because i am confused...dont want to subscribe just now if it asks me to do so again once uk dates announced

• Subscriber

Man.... I'm so confused right now.

Is someone getting a bonus for making this whole process as difficult  (and pricy) as possible? 
Why can't I see on my profile page the date my current subscription ends?
Why should I connect a US TM account even if I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?
If this information is only relevant for people buying tickets for the US leg then please....make this clear on the profile page

Should we Europeans await special instructions when the European tourdates are announced? (like connecting an European TM account?)
If anyone could answer my questions with a 100% certainty I will at least have a good night sleep :)

Thank you.

Edited by Wiesje
typo
  • Brilliant 2
  • Subscriber

so if we resubscribed and set up our verified fan thing are we guaranteed a code for the presale or is it like regular Ticketmaster verified fan and we just cross our fingers and pray to god?

Edited by Damoratis
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Wiesje said:

Is someone getting a bonus for making this whole process as difficult  (and pricy) as possible? 
Why should I connect a US TM account when I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?
If this information is only relevant for people buying tickets for the US leg then please....make this clear on the profile page

Should we Europeans await special instructions when the European tourdates are announced? (like connecting an European TM account?)
If anyone could answer my questions with a 100% certainty I will at least have a good night sleep :)

Thank you.

As usual the whole process seems to have been handled awfully so far.

This coupled with the fact you are only allowed two tickets is going to create a situation of lot of unhappy people. 

Edited by Kevinslatteryu2
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, bigwave said:

use the Help page form to ask CS if they can adjust for you (they might as you just resubbed)

Thank you for replying, I thought of contacting them but didn't wanna deal with the hassle, and like I said I'd be paying for it in the future anyway. My dumb luck in timing I guess but I knew a tour was coming soon and didn't wanna forget to resubscribe. Paid up til 12/19 now :)

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Wiesje said:

Why should I connect a US TM account even if I won't buy tickets for the North American leg?

Thank you.

Per the FAQ's 

Why can’t I connect via my ticketmaster.co.uk account as I don't have a ticketmaster.com account? 
This Presale and verification process is for U2 shows in U.S. + Canada only. If you wish to attend a show in U.S. + Canada, please enter your North American Ticketmaster account info or create one in advance.

Us Europeans will be in the same boat as our North American cousins in due course.

Go to U2 dot com,sign in,click on your username,go down to account info and your subscription active date until is there.Mine is.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic