U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, jamesb said:

If this is the case, goodbye to U2.com. I have been a fan since the early 80s and have spent $1000's on them. This is absolutely not acceptable.

Exactly, I know getting a code doesn't guarantee you tickets.  But long term fans should have at least gotten a code.  This is all Ticketmaster.  Now wait later today and look on Stub Hub and I guarantee you will see hundred of tickets for sale.  Complete scam!!!

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, gadget44 said:

done... but I'm guessing for every person posting here with this problem there are 50 who are reading and aren't posting but ARE PMing... so just given the sheer volume in poor Max's box, I am doubtful he will get to mine.

Same here.  Big wave, please help!  

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, perymason said:

If this can help anybody - I still didn't receive the text message with link and presale code, but just now I receive this mail from Ticketmaster:

"Today, we tried to send your access code to the mobile number provided during Verified Fan registration, and we ran into a text delivery issue. This may happen if the number was incorrectly entered or there is a block from your carrier service. To ensure you receive your access code before tickets are available, we’ve distributed your code below, along with a reminder of how to prep for your purchase.

Begin your ticket search on: http://***********

Use ACCESS CODE: ***********"

I don't know what was the problem with my phone - it is correctly entered, but it seems that the sistem is working and instead SMS I received my link and code by mail.

Almost one hour later I received the link and the code also by SMS.

• Subscriber

I have been on the 'bad' receiving end of the random Verified Fan thing before for other non-U2 shows.  You get a message saying that you've been verified, but it's stated very clearly that of the verified fans, random ones will be selected for codes.

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

- Paul

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, paulcerqua said:

In the case we've been dealing with today, it seems different -- is there anyone who got the rejection mail who DIDN'T order Joshua Tree tickets with a code?  All my friends who ordered JT tickets got the rejection mail and all who didn't got codes.

I did not.  I have been a member for years...still got the rejection email...

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bclar316 said:

Someone just posted this on U2start....Don't know how true this is but....

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

This post at u2start was actually taken from another thread here at zootopia that also reports on this unfortunate issue: 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37467-anyone-receive-the-email-today/?page=5

• bigwave unfeatured this topic