Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, lisaarzt said:

When Springsteen did a lottery for his broadway show all people had to do was sign up and hope to receive a code and an opportunity, They certainly didn't have to pay $40-50 for it..... is this really happening??

THIS! I got screwed in the Verified Fan lottery for both Springsteen on Broadway and for the Harry Potter Play. I have been asking over and over about a lottery for codes for this pre-sale and never had that question answered. I suspect they knew the answer days ago but didn't want the fallout that far in advance.

Dear Guy O,

You've misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

Edited by habitmade

1 minute ago, habitmade said:

Dear Guy O,

You misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

"Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt?"

Yeah U2 is all over it. Lots of help on Twitter.

Oh wait. I'm sorry. It's the fan sites that are helping.

7 minutes ago, rjfru28r said:

it wasn't a lottery..  Ticketmaster's ridiculous algorithm blacklisted you.  if you didn't get an experience code, which is supposed to be guaranteed (unless you're deemed a scalper), guaranteed you're blacklisted for the Citi and general sales too.  well done U2 and Ticketmaster.  hopefully they play in front of half empty arenas.

Except real scalpers will still get tickets and resell to us losers. So won't be half empty arenas.

8 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

INNOCENCE WILL NOT RECEIVE E-MAIL UNTIL TONIGHT.

thank you - that isn't clear from the instructions on the website, which seem to indicate that anyone who is verified would have received the email already 

<< Once Verified, we'll send more details the evening of November 13, 2017 with updates and tips to prep for the Verified Subscriber Presale. >>

4 minutes ago, habitmade said:

Dear Guy O,

You misread the tea leaves if you think paid legacy members will quietly accept being tossed into a lottery. You've misread the tea leaves if you think legacy members in the experience group can be shut out of the pre-sale while the innocence group gets their codes. Does the band know you and your LiveNation cronies are pulling this lottery stunt? You sir, have misread the tea leaves.

I agree, until the point where you start going all elitist. No paid member should be left behind. My subscription had less than a week lapse so I got tossed into innocence. Your money ain't no greener. All subscribers should receive codes. What makes you more of a legacy member? Because you haven't had a lapse. Don't be an elitist prick because Ticketmaster and Live nation did you wrong...  

WOW. THIS IS ALL UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!  FAN CLUB MEMBER FOR 29 YEARS AND THIS IS WHAT I GET?????

• Upvote 1

I think this was a big old misunderstanding between U2.com/Fan Fire and TM. I honestly think that whoever wrote the language about the presale code for subscribers thought it meant that every subscriber got a code. It doesn’t sound like that’s what TM did.

There are going to be a lot of refunds being issued I think.

At least the general registration is still open. If anyone reading this for screwed, I would immediately use a different email address and signup for the general sale next week.