U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, vickiandchris said:

I've been a subscriber since the Propaganda days. My husband and family and I probably have spent$1,000 or more in membership fees over the year.s.

Yet we are "Correction" shut out of the eXperience group. 

Hugely disappointing.

Me too. So very disappointed by this.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, lmnoiu said:

Tell that to Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen and others..  They purposely keep ticket prices reasonable and don't partake in all these VIP package and platinum gimmicks, which are really just promoter/band scalped tickets.  U2 could have done the same thing, but chose not to.  They wanted to get paid, and did.  Nothing wrong with wanting to get paid, but don't act like they were oblivious to how their tours would be priced and promoted, because they weren't.  It's all about the $$$$$$

Talk to the people, like me, who got completely shut out of Springsteen on Broadway and the Harry Potter Play. Yes, the band sets the broad range/cap on ticket prices, and given the size/spectacle aspect to U2 shows, their ticket prices will be much higher than the stripped down set of a Springsteen show, simply to cover their much higher production costs. And yes, absolutely, there is also a profit motive in there, too.

The debacle that is TicketMaster's Verified Fan system is entirely on TM. Their secret sauce for determining who gets access to purchase tickets is a disaster. U2 should not have signed on to that, after seeing the hash they made out of the Springsteen on Broadway sale and the Harry Potter Play sale.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, edgebenson said:

What a F-ing Joke!!!.  So many tickets left but I can't get a code.  So pissed off I can't even see straight

So, I wonder if this is for today and they have a different alottment for tomorrow. Is the blue the available seats, or the grey?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, bgans said:

Talk to the people, like me, who got completely shut out of Springsteen on Broadway and the Harry Potter Play. Yes, the band sets the broad range/cap on ticket prices, and given the size/spectacle aspect to U2 shows, their ticket prices will be much higher than the stripped down set of a Springsteen show, simply to cover their much higher production costs. And yes, absolutely, there is also a profit motive in there, too.

The debacle that is TicketMaster's Verified Fan system is entirely on TM. Their secret sauce for determining who gets access to purchase tickets is a disaster. U2 should not have signed on to that, after seeing the hash they made out of the Springsteen on Broadway sale and the Harry Potter Play sale.

Agree 100%.  U2 signed off on this regardless what others might say.  

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, bgans said:

springsteen on broadway and the limited run harry potter shows are the exceptions.  bruce pretty much sold out himself by charging $600-800 per ticket..  hardly anyone got tickets, because most were held back for people "in the know" and industry bigwigs.  but up until his last tour i think it was, when he raised prices by like $50 or so, i had always paid around $100 plus ticket fees, which was reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

So, I wonder if this is for today and they have a different alottment for tomorrow. Is the blue the available seats, or the grey?

Blue.  It's not clear if more will be released for iNNOCENCE or Citi or if that's the total presale allotment.

• Subscriber

Blue were listed as eXperience and some VIP packages both needed the eXperience code

Edited by chrissy1967
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I concur.  It is why Pearl Jam cancelled their whole 1994 Vitology tour...to boycott TM's monopoly.  Luckily, PJ honored the dates in Milwaukee, where I live, for Summerfest.  It is a huge music festival.  I got to go both nights.  Tickets were $18.  I think the service charges I just paid for today's presale were equal to what I paid for those tickets.  I love the band, Dawes.  I've seen them 16 times this tour alone.  For the last show, the service charges were $2.64 and the ticket was $30.  They use a separate ticket broker and not TM.  The problem is how does a band as big as U2 not use TM? 

The simple answer is "they have to use Ticketmaster." TM has a monopoly contract for ticket distribution at most major venues in the US and Canada. You cannot have an event at spaces like Madison Square Garden, the Prudential Center, the Meadowlands, etc. unless you agree to use Ticketmaster to distribute the tickets. There is no other way to do it. If U2 wanted to ONLY play at non-Ticketmaster venues, the closest they could get to New York City would be Wells Fargo arena in Philly. Otherwise, you are playing at Irving Plaza or Webster Hall, to a crowd of 2,500 people or so.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic