U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ApolloAndy said:

Blue.  It's not clear if more will be released for iNNOCENCE or Citi or if that's the total presale allotment.

if blue is all that's available, they either had to have certain areas they sold today, or everybody else is shit out of luck cause that seems like its almost sold out...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, lmnoiu said:

springsteen on broadway and the limited run harry potter shows are the exceptions.  bruce pretty much sold out himself by charging $600-800 per ticket..  hardly anyone got tickets, because most were held back for people "in the know" and industry bigwigs.  but up until his last tour i think it was, when he raised prices by like $50 or so, i had always paid around $100 plus ticket fees, which was reasonable.

The closest seats for Springsteen on Broadway were 800, but most were 200 - 350 and some were $75.  Hardly anybody got tickets because it's a TINY theater.  My daughter's middle school auditorium is larger.  The place is so small he sometimes didn't even use the mic.  

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

Unless you are an A list famous person.....everyone got shut our of Springsteen on Broadway.  I'm glad I went to this solo show in the 90s and the Devils and Dust solo show.  He did a lot of the same at those shows.

Not true!  I'm a complete nobody who got 4th row with the verified fan thing.  I didn't see anyone famous in the crowd.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, ApolloAndy said:

Blue.  It's not clear if more will be released for iNNOCENCE or Citi or if that's the total presale allotment.

I would have to imagine they have more set aside for innocence group tomorrow. and for Citi, some too. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, bgans said:

The simple answer is "they have to use Ticketmaster." TM has a monopoly contract for ticket distribution at most major venues in the US and Canada. You cannot have an event at spaces like Madison Square Garden, the Prudential Center, the Meadowlands, etc. unless you agree to use Ticketmaster to distribute the tickets. There is no other way to do it. If U2 wanted to ONLY play at non-Ticketmaster venues, the closest they could get to New York City would be Wells Fargo arena in Philly. Otherwise, you are playing at Irving Plaza or Webster Hall, to a crowd of 2,500 people or so.

Not true.  Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Sheeran, Springsteen, etc have all played at MSG recently, and didn't charge an arm and a leg for tickets. U2 signed a very lucrative contract that would set high ticket prices, vip package, and fan club gimmick crap so that livenation could profit off of the contract.  There's no defending it.  They are free as anyone to make as much money as they want, but don't put on this front of being "anti-scalper" when they are charging hundreds for decent seats..  Again i ask, who is doing the scalping here?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, gpmalecki said:

if blue is all that's available, they either had to have certain areas they sold today, or everybody else is shit out of luck cause that seems like its almost sold out...

There's got to be more seats released tomorrow and for Citi, otherwise what's the point?  I've been peeking at MSG and Newark and there are very few good seats left. Assuming it's only showing today's presale seats.  Can anyone who purchased their tix today describe what they saw for blue dots when they logged on early?  The 10am crowd?

• bigwave unfeatured this topic