U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

Not true!  I'm a complete nobody who got 4th row with the verified fan thing.  I didn't see anyone famous in the crowd.

You aren't the only one. I was completely shut out, but I know a lot of regular people who did get tickets. All of the celebs were comped for opening night and told "this is it, no more" I'm waiting to hear from one friend, if her husband has to be out of town the night they have tickets, she will take me, otherwise her husband gets that ticket. Wait and hope.

• Subscriber

This whole thing is a bad joke. Ticketmaster's algorithm simply can not make out who is a fan and who is not. I almost feel I need to take all of my records, t-shirts, books, ticket stubs, etc and head to the local Ticketmaster office to prove I am a fan.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeirdreBell said:

There's got to be more seats released tomorrow and for Citi, otherwise what's the point?  I've been peeking at MSG and Newark and there are very few good seats left. Assuming it's only showing today's presale seats.  Can anyone who purchased their tix today describe what they saw for blue dots when they logged on early?  The 10am crowd?

i go to a lot of shows and am pretty familiar with the process.  if it's like anything else in the past, the fan club tomorrow will get the leftovers from today.  that's why there's an advantage to being an experience member, as you get first dibs on tickets.  they're not going to "reward" the non-experience members with additional seats.  they never have for u2 from what i remember.  credit card companies sign contracts with these tours to secure their own allotment of tickets.  so, there will likely be additional tickets in the citi presale, but not necessarily better seats, or even floor tickets at all.  most of the credit card presales i remember searching have sucked.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, jimbull said:

This whole thing is a bad joke. Ticketmaster's algorithm simply can not make out who is a fan and who is not. I almost feel I need to take all of my records, t-shirts, books, ticket stubs, etc and head to the local Ticketmaster office to prove I am a fan.

TM has named it badly.  It's not Verified Fan.  It's Verified Human or Non- Scalper.  They don't care if you like the band, as long as you're not a bot.  From what I understand.  

• Subscriber

I was soooo blindly optimistic that finally in 2017, U2 would get it right. I don't think it is fair to blame Ticketmaster or LN...U2 picked their vendor.

Now for the 5th tour in a row, I didn't get what I wanted. I am willing to pay crazy/fair amount for a front row seats but by 10:01 all good seats were gone or thrown in some VIP package. Ended up with overpriced RED ZONE tix since my son can't stand all day for a reasonable floor spot as he has severe heart disease...this is beyond pathetic...and the verification code didn't keep me from buying 6 tix in total. 2 GA's in Boston, 2 GA's in Philly and 2 RZ in NYC.

Great try guys, but f'd me up again. I was one of the first 1,000 propaganda members back in the early 80's...YEEESH!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, jmjmchip said:

I was soooo blindly optimistic that finally in 2017, U2 would get it right. I don't think it is fair to blame Ticketmaster or LN...U2 picked their vendor.

Now for the 5th tour in a row, I didn't get what I wanted. I am willing to pay crazy/fair amount for a front row seats but by 10:01 all good seats were gone or thrown in some VIP package. Ended up with overpriced RED ZONE tix since my son can't stand all day for a reasonable floor spot as he has severe heart disease...this is beyond pathetic...and the verification code didn't keep me from buying 6 tix in total. 2 GA's in Boston, 2 GA's in Philly and 2 RZ in NYC.

Great try guys, but f'd me up again. I was one of the first 1,000 propaganda members back in the early 80's...YEEESH!

So you bitch and moan about 4 coveted GA and 2 RZ tickets when others are getting nothing.  You better hope the fact that you bought 6 tickets doesn't get all of them cancelled.

• Subscriber
Just now, jmjmchip said:

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your son.  In that case, you are entitled to accessiblity seating.  I would call the box office of the venue and ask them for help.  I believe there is a window of time in which a TM order can be cancelled.  I am recovering from multiple blunt cranial trauma.  I was going for GAs for this tour because I've worked hard to be able to do so.  However, it would be an exception.  The venues in Chicago are so nice to me.  Call the box office asap, explain the situation and you may well end up much happier than you are now.

If you bought 6 tickets using the code for today....they are probably going to cancel those seats.  The limit was two.  In the past, those who bought more than their allotment wound up with no tickets.  FYI

• bigwave unfeatured this topic