Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just now, Manohlive said:

sorry.   did not think it was fighting.  i stand corrected.

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

Just now, chrissy1967 said:

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

You take care too, Chrissy1967.

Just now, gringo said:

Nope. Just an absolute ton of emails letting me know people are replying to this thread. :P

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

1 minute ago, mariana_rielli said:

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

Oh really? I can't see how to do that...

Every tour is this same crap. Fans here are pissed of and TM has many issues. It's amazing how many years have passed and nobody can figure out a way to make this experience better.

Bunch of incompetents.

That said, I have had a bad experience trying to get my tickets today using the TM website. The access code page would not load and it got me stuck. Luckily I was ready using the TM app on my iPhone. That worked well but for few minutes I was about to have an heart attack.

I love U2 but I think since Oseary took over the management they are becoming too greedy. U2 is entitled to make as much money as they can but sometimes I feel they try to hard. My 2 cents.

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

Aha! Got it! One email per day! Aaaaaand breathe out.

4 minutes ago, popfly said:

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

Repeating my comment from a few moments ago...don't think you're going to get anywhere with phone support, because, frankly, I don't know the phone reps really know what's going on.  Best bet is to reach out to the site mods as described in the thread.  Really looks like they ARE helping everyone...but are also overwhelmed so its slow going.

• Like 1

I don't understand how after over 6 hours of this crap nothing has changed!!! neither of the pms I sent have even been read. I am getting so PISSED I can't even try to describe it