Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Manohlive said:

sorry.   did not think it was fighting.  i stand corrected.

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chrissy1967 said:

I thought we were good too 

I'll step away for now....

Take care Manohlive 

You take care too, Chrissy1967.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gringo said:

Nope. Just an absolute ton of emails letting me know people are replying to this thread. :P

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mariana_rielli said:

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

Oh really? I can't see how to do that...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every tour is this same crap. Fans here are pissed of and TM has many issues. It's amazing how many years have passed and nobody can figure out a way to make this experience better.

Bunch of incompetents.

That said, I have had a bad experience trying to get my tickets today using the TM website. The access code page would not load and it got me stuck. Luckily I was ready using the TM app on my iPhone. That worked well but for few minutes I was about to have an heart attack.

 

I love U2 but I think since Oseary took over the management they are becoming too greedy. U2 is entitled to make as much money as they can but sometimes I feel they try to hard. My 2 cents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mariana_rielli said:

My mailbox was a mess until I found out how to set it up so it wouldn't send an email for each single reply

Aha! Got it! One email per day! Aaaaaand breathe out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, popfly said:

I just got off the phone with U2.com support and all she could say was that the first email I received saying that I was eligible was a system error and that was why I received the second email saying essentially that I was not granted access.  She then said that 10% of the Experience subscribers did NOT receive codes. I find that very hard to believe because nearly 75% of the U2 fans that I personally know received these two emails and were also denied access. There's absolutely no way that this 10% number is accurate. Then she tried to say that just because I subscribed doesn't mean that I am guaranteed a code. I get that we are not guaranteed tickets but it would be nice if we ALL were given an opportunity to at least try and get tickets. She did say that people were NOT chosen based on a lottery system. I asked her then what was the criteria for which people were chosen? She said she didn't know but that it wasn't a lottery. I asked if she could tell me why I wasn't chosen. She said there was no reason given. She then said that I could try for tickets for the general on-sale. To which I replied, "do you know how hard it is to get tickets to U2 during a general on-sale?"

I am so pissed off about this process. I've been shooting video for nearly 20 years  every time there is a U2 ticket presale or general on-sale. I've been documenting the issues for years. I'll add this latest video to the pile.

Repeating my comment from a few moments ago...don't think you're going to get anywhere with phone support, because, frankly, I don't know the phone reps really know what's going on.  Best bet is to reach out to the site mods as described in the thread.  Really looks like they ARE helping everyone...but are also overwhelmed so its slow going.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how after over 6 hours of this crap nothing has changed!!! neither of the pms I sent have even been read. I am getting so PISSED I can't even try to describe it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...