Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I’ve been scouring the web and researching information on how to try and catch a glimpse (and maybe a picture and/or autograph) of the band when they come in for sound check before the concert starts. I’ve got tickets to the show in San Jose at the SAP Center this coming May (2018). I would love any tips or advice of what to do and where to go to try and catch them entering the arena for sound check. I’ve loved them since I was a little girl and this would seriously be a dream come true to meet them! Thanks in advance for any help! 

1 hour ago, makanimesa said:

These dates are difficult for me because of work, so I'm going to try for the Nashville public onsale. I've actually had good luck with public onsales before, especially if I only need one ticket.

Question though: did I mess up my chances by deciding not use my Experience code yesterday? I didn't buy any tickets, so I'm  hoping to use it later if more convenient dates are added and I can plan a trip.

Keep in mind general sale is "lottery" too. I think the jury is out on whether or not the code will be valid for anything other than this leg (and even 2nd shows on this leg are not guaranteed).

I surrender. Tryin' to find 'normal' tix for NY but no chance.

No US tour this time.

18 minutes ago, chrissy1967 said:

We did the RedZone for TJT....I liked it. Lots of room, separate beer stand...free to come and go from the area. Plus pretty much walk right in after a very quick check in. I would have done it again, but taking my elderly mom who usually can't stand thru an entire concert.  

did they make you go to will call to pick up your ticket? 

Total fail from start to finish!!

I have been a subscriber for a few years now and was in the Experience group for the Joshua Tree Tour. I renewed as requested to get early access for this tour.

First, it removed me from the Experience group and placed me in the Innocence group. Multiple emails later and they still haven't replied or changed it back.

Second, they took away my unused discount code from the 2017 subscription. I emailed them and they said it was there at the bottom of the page. I emailed back to say, "No, that is the code for the new subscription!". Guess what....still waiting for a reply.

Third, went online to get tickets for MSG. The usual thing. Waited online forever only to be told the tickets I requested were no longer available. Tried again.....Only tickets available are $331 each for the 300 section!! So much for the Verified Fan thing. Looks like the brokers and scalpers have somehow managed to win again. But then again, it's TicketMaster. I should have expected nothing less.

Finally, why do Citibank Card holders get to buy up to 4 tickets tomorrow and long time fans only get to buy 2? I'm gonna hazard a guess that they will be one of the tour sponsors. Nothing dodgy going on there then!!

Sorry, but in my opinion, this whole having to renew despite already having a valid subscription and the Verified Fan system has been nothing but a huge money grubbing operation. I would have renewed regardless of a new tour or not when my 2017 subscription was due to expire. I am now left hoping that they at some point reverse my status to Experience and that the band announce additional dates in either NY or NJ.

NOT HAPPY!!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mofoman said:

I surrender. Tryin' to find 'normal' tix for NY but no chance.

No US tour this time.

Probably no tour for me, either. 

What a total joke. No GA's available and ticket prices are beyond ridiculous.  Whatever happened to treating your true fans with respect?

I hope it turns into PopMart with a bunch of empty seats. They've soured me.

• Like 1

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to the mods. While I did not encounter issues (I’m one of those in the Innocence penalty box for letting my membership lapse just before the cutoff date) I watched in awe as you seemingly tirelessly worked to help fellow fans. Proud to be part of a club with such fine people. Thanks! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

Probably no tour for me, either. 

This was just one presale folks. Don’t give up all hope!  There is still the general sale and there will undoubtedly be many more shows added. 

1 hour ago, Punky_Strummer said:

Total fail from start to finish!!

I have been a subscriber for a few years now and was in the Experience group for the Joshua Tree Tour. I renewed as requested to get early access for this tour.

First, it removed me from the Experience group and placed me in the Innocence group. Multiple emails later and they still haven't replied or changed it back.

Second, they took away my unused discount code from the 2017 subscription. I emailed them and they said it was there at the bottom of the page. I emailed back to say, "No, that is the code for the new subscription!". Guess what....still waiting for a reply.

Third, went online to get tickets for MSG. The usual thing. Waited online forever only to be told the tickets I requested were no longer available. Tried again.....Only tickets available are $331 each for the 300 section!! So much for the Verified Fan thing. Looks like the brokers and scalpers have somehow managed to win again. But then again, it's TicketMaster. I should have expected nothing less.

Finally, why do Citibank Card holders get to buy up to 4 tickets tomorrow and long time fans only get to buy 2? I'm gonna hazard a guess that they will be one of the tour sponsors. Nothing dodgy going on there then!!

Sorry, but in my opinion, this whole having to renew despite already having a valid subscription and the Verified Fan system has been nothing but a huge money grubbing operation. I would have renewed regardless of a new tour or not when my 2017 subscription was due to expire. I am now left hoping that they at some point reverse my status to Experience and that the band announce additional dates in either NY or NJ.

NOT HAPPY!!!!

I feel your pain; I don't have tickets, either.  Dunno, if I'll be able to get tickets when they go on sale to the GP.  I kind of doubt it.  This might be the first time I miss a show since I've been a fan.