U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber

I called TM today to see if I can get a code since I was told I was going to get a code and then I was denied a code. I was told that sorry you were not selected to get a code. I told them that they have sent codes to  other people who are in the same situation. They did not care. I don't know what to do now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, I am in the Experience group and have had an account since they went to  the internet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I have always had to outsource them...whether by ebay or scalper, because I can't get them Via the fan pre-sales.

I know it is very easy to say this, but the more you support scapers/ebay, the worse it's going to get.  I'm not criticizing you nor am I suggesting what you do.  Everyone and their brother has started scalping tickets, if even a few, to pay for their tickets or make even more money.  I don't know what the answer is.  I call my representatives and tell them both sides can agree that scalping is not good and maybe they could do something. (In America here)  It's only one call, but if everyone who got left out of the presale called...maybe they'd listen with it being an election year.  It's been on the floor a couple times, but nothing came out of it that I know of, however; it's gotten so much worse.  I think they should shut down secondary ticket brokers.  It's an uphill battle, but I call nonetheless.  It is generally a much shorter wait than calling TM.  :)

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber

I was fortunate enough to get tickets on Tuesday, however I do have something weird to report.....

On my first attempt I had two tickets sitting right there in my cart but when I hit "confirm" I got a message that another fan had beat me to the tickets and to try again. How can those tickets be snatched when I was checking out with them?

This has never happened to me in all my concert going days.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, nitz1 said:

I am still finding it hard to believe that this tour U2.com has intentionally decided that after  12 years or more allowing paid subscribers a few guaranteed tickets each tour that they would change this to a lottery system for subscribers and not be clear about it.

I think it was an error and a mistake. I think they decided to do VF fan for the general sales and in turn instead of dealing with the sub sales separately were convinced by TM that they could easily handle both. I believe subs were all supposed to be guaranteed 2 tix.   I believe the lesser powers that be at U2.com were under the impression that the paid subs were guaranteed a code for their subsciption as they have been ALWAYS!

Live Nation runs this site and owns TM. They thought they could deal with it. They could not. Corporate miscommnication. I remember the Vertigo sales as well. in 2005 Website and online tech was nothing like it is today. I understood problems then because the tech was a problem. Now there is no excuse. I am sorry for all the fans here that were unable to get what they paid for - a chance to buy some tickets.

This whole texting your presales code method really confounds me.  BTW, I still haven't gotten my code, although I stopped hoping for it about an hour after tickets went on sale here in S.F.

My biggest complaint is: how do you advise TM that you didn't get a code--on the day that you were supposed to get it--in time for them to text you a new code? Trying to call them before the sale totally didn't work, due to high call volumes.

I much prefer getting a code by email days before the sale.  This way if I didn't get an email, I could contact someone at TM or U2.com and they could research it, and give me one.  But not getting a text and not being able to get anyone on the phone on the day of the sale is stupid.

I'm totally fine with pay-to-play and have been for twenty years.  If for any other reason (although there are many) is the peace of mind knowing that I'd get in early.  What is so frustrating is seeing how poorly this was executed.  And yeah, I know that the overwhelming majority of folks who got tickets aren't posting here.

Edited by 504jumper
typo
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

My biggest complaint is: how do you advise TM that you didn't get a code--on the day that you were supposed to get it--in time for them to text you a new code? Trying to call them before the sale totally didn't work, due to high call volumes.

At the suggestion of another post here, or on my twitter feed (I can't recall 100%), I sent a DM to @TMFanSupport a couple of hours before the presale started. They didn't get back to me at all.

I also sent a DM to the Canadian TM support and they DID get back to...20 minutes after the presale started.

• Subscriber

i do not care about scalpers, america is the land of plenty and ...money !

if you can get money because some people can afford paying several hundred dollars, whats the matter ?

its the law of supply and demand, only basic capitalism, what else ?

• Sad 1
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, 504jumper said:

This whole texting your presales code method really confounds me.  BTW, I still haven't gotten my code, although I stopped hoping for it about an hour after tickets went on sale here in S.F.

I much prefer getting a code by email days before the sale.  This way if I didn't get an email, I could contact someone at TM or U2.com and they could research it, and give me one.  But not getting a text and not being able to get anyone on the phone on the day of the sale is stupid.

I'm totally fine with pay-to-play and have been for twenty years.  If for any other reason (although there are many) is the peace of mind knowing that I'd get in early.  What is so frustrating is seeing how poorly this was executed.  And yeah, I know that the overwhelming majority of folks who got tickets aren't posting here.

I just called them -- I think I am in the exact situation you are in-- and they told me I was out of luck and would not be getting a code. Long term fans are absolutely getting screwed.

• Subscriber

Does anyone find it interesting that they have not added any additional dates to the cities already announced?  There is a week open between MSG and Chicago.  There are days open after Chicago.  By now, don't they usually add dates?  Maybe they'll delay adding them and get this straightened out so there can be another presale for all who missed out on this one?  One can hope...   If memory serves me, they already added extra shows to Chicago for the IE tour at this point of the presales.  It seems weird not one extra show has been announced.  There are so many days padded in between cities.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, enriquediaz said:

At the suggestion of another post here, or on my twitter feed (I can't recall 100%), I sent a DM to @TMFanSupport a couple of hours before the presale started. They didn't get back to me at all.

I also sent a DM to the Canadian TM support and they DID get back to...20 minutes after the presale started.

I didn't think to DM Canadian customer support, but it's good to know. What's their email address?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Manohlive said:

Does anyone find it interesting that they have not added any additional dates to the cities already announced?  There is a week open between MSG and Chicago.  There are days open after Chicago.  By now, don't they usually add dates?  Maybe they'll delay adding them and get this straightened out so there can be another presale for all who missed out on this one?  One can hope...   If memory serves me, they already added extra shows to Chicago for the IE tour at this point of the presales.  It seems weird not one extra show has been announced.  There are so many days padded in between cities.

I'm sure they will announce additional dates, but after the public on-sale. There's still tickets to sell for the first nights when the public on-sale arrives. I'm sure they want to almost sell these out completely before announcing additional dates.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic