U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
Just now, trielen29 said:

i do not care about scalpers, america is the land of plenty and ...money !

if you can get money because some people can afford paying several hundred dollars, whats the matter ?

its the law of supply and demand, only basic capitalism, what else ?

With all due respect, I could not disagree with you more.  I despise scalpers.  They are half the reason concerts have gotten so outrageously expensive.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, jimbull said:

I just called them -- I think I am in the exact situation you are in-- and they told me I was out of luck and would not be getting a code. Long term fans are absolutely getting screwed.

Yeah, we're gonna have to wait until Monday. But it's not looking good.

• Subscriber
Just now, cpp203 said:

I'm sure they will announce additional dates, but after the public on-sale. There's still tickets to sell for the first nights when the public on-sale arrives. I'm sure they want to almost sell these out completely before announcing additional dates.

I think so too.  I'm hoping they can arrange a presale for U2.com fans who got shut out of this one.  I cannot see U2 not being upset about this presale.  When there were problems with the Vertigo presale, Larry posted a sincere apology.  I think they also gave us something it's probably best not to mention here.  I have no inside information but don't want to start rumors either.  There's got to be someone who remembers what they did but they did something.  I do not buy that the band does not care and it's just about millions of dollars.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber

I want to know what we can do. Are we just totally screwed by U2.com and Ticketmaster? How hard is it to give a long term fan who has never let their fan club membership lapse... a code for the chance to purchase tickets? 

• Subscriber

@Manohlive & Cork vegan...

Yes, addressing Manohlive first....

I agree, scalping is terrible on all levels...for the band and for the fans....neither benefits....

But, how else do I approach this situation when I want to see my favorite band of 34 years.....in which I take legal and necessary steps to procure GA tickets....only to have none available or access to? My first concert was at 12 years old, unforgettable fire......Joshua tree (lottery system), Zoo TV(nightmare to get tickets) Paid $1,000 for balcony. ECT. ECT. ECT. Repeat rise....same ole same ole routine.....I expect this crap....and been enduring it all these years.....the anxiety I get every tour....I am getting too old for this!

As for Your statement @ Cork vegan...

I just can't comprehend the ticket master corks(no pun intended).....I had  4 Ga tickets....that paralyzed my screen....for 15 minutes....then....Gone of the face of the earth. And, sadly, that was more opportunity/quantity available (ever), than via U2 fan pre sales....

I just don't get it....

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, economicformula said:

You know, I get capitalism. I'm self employed. But I really feel when you have a great life, when your fans have likely provided you " 500 quid each by now "( per show based on present costs ), isn't it just simple greed to keep upping the price and profits ? Rhetorical. Just venting. I appreciate this isn't an ideal world, but with our band being an idealistic bunch while growing up and older, can't we expect at some point they just say, ' f -ck it, we have everything we need, our sponsors kick ass financially, lets get a tour out there at $75 a pop '. Get every fan that could not go, in and make a statement. Bare bones effects if necessary and take a bit out of pocket and 'write it off '. It just seems right and what not so many years ago we would think pretty natural move by these guys and their management. I'm lucky. I'm grateful I can get to their shows at the moment but I am blown away....absolutely blown away at the process and the costs. I am participating in insanity because these guys have meant so much to me from year 18 to present, 53.

100% Agree. Plus, $40 for a membership for the opportunity to get 2 tickets, but then when you don't get them ... why did I pay $40? I got 2 GAs from the Citi presale, but not the Verified U2 $40 presale. wtf. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, chrissy1967 said:

I never mind paying the fan club fee...it's pretty much the only membership I always keep up on.  I don't think it is outrageous to "pay to play."  They do include downloads and special surprises, that alone is worth the price for me. A few times I was on the losing side of first opportunity tickets, but I found other ways to get tickets. I hope everyone that wants to see them will end up with tickets. If you don't get hold of them now, check resale on Ticketmaster closer to the show date. Social media is also a great way to score tickets closer to show-time, lots of U2 fan sites will have ticket sales between fans. 

Yeah, I can see your point. But now, having experienced this ticketmaster fiasco (no GAs in the first seconds of a "fan-only" sale) i can pretty much say the ONLY reason to purchase a membership is to get exclusives. Other than that, i've never seen arenas have tickets for sale BEFORE the real fans do. That to me, is pretty greedy from both parties.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

@Manohlive & Cork vegan...

Yes, addressing Manohlive first....

I agree, scalping is terrible on all levels...for the band and for the fans....neither benefits....

But, how else do I approach this situation when I want to see my favorite band of 34 years.....in which I take legal and necessary steps to procure GA tickets....only to have none available or access to? My first concert was at 12 years old, unforgettable fire......Joshua tree (lottery system), Zoo TV(nightmare to get tickets) Paid $1,000 for balcony. ECT. ECT. ECT. Repeat rise....same ole same ole routine.....I expect this crap....and been enduring it all these years.....the anxiety I get every tour....I am getting too old for this!

As for Your statement @ Cork vegan...

I just can't comprehend the ticket master corks(no pun intended).....I had  4 Ga tickets....that paralyzed my screen....for 15 minutes....then....Gone of the face of the earth. And, sadly, that was more opportunity/quantity available (ever), than via U2 fan pre sales....

I just don't get it....

I'm truly sorry you lost your tickets.  That has happened to me with other concerts and it sucks.  I am really sorry.   I don't know what the answer to scalping is.  I call my representatives.  I report tix being scalped to U2.com mods.  We had two extra tickets for Matchbox Twenty and could not give them away.  We tried for well over an hour and were asking nothing as they were comps.  I had bought better seats right up front.  The only people who wanted the seats were scalpers.  "Okay, but you have to go in the venue with us so these cannot be resold.", was my answer.  "Well, I'm waiting for my girlfriend to get here so we both can go.", was the usual response.  We finally found one gentleman who came down last minute to see if he could get a ticket.  He was a very happy man.  He got in for free.  I could have easily scalped them but did not.  I do what I can to stop scalpers.  I don't know how else you approach the situation and I'm not judging anyone who buys inflated priced tickets. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, gypsyangel said:

100% Agree. Plus, $40 for a membership for the opportunity to get 2 tickets, but then when you don't get them ... why did I pay $40? I got 2 GAs from the Citi presale, but not the Verified U2 $40 presale. wtf. 

I Know.....I've been a citi card member for 25 years....so I thought great, another opportunity to get GA tickets...."4" to be exact....and I did, briefly have them, before being kicked off by ticket master processing error. But, the point is, I still had some thread of a opportunity versus 0% with U2 fan presale tickets.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, u2diehardperez said:

Yeah, I can see your point. But now, having experienced this ticketmaster fiasco (no GAs in the first seconds of a "fan-only" sale) i can pretty much say the ONLY reason to purchase a membership is to get exclusives. Other than that, i've never seen arenas have tickets for sale BEFORE the real fans do. That to me, is pretty greedy from both parties.

Yes....basically.....I love the exclusives.....but, Ticket Sales have been a poor experience with me in general.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic