U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

@Manohlive & Cork vegan...

Yes, addressing Manohlive first....

I agree, scalping is terrible on all levels...for the band and for the fans....neither benefits....

But, how else do I approach this situation when I want to see my favorite band of 34 years.....in which I take legal and necessary steps to procure GA tickets....only to have none available or access to? My first concert was at 12 years old, unforgettable fire......Joshua tree (lottery system), Zoo TV(nightmare to get tickets) Paid $1,000 for balcony. ECT. ECT. ECT. Repeat rise....same ole same ole routine.....I expect this crap....and been enduring it all these years.....the anxiety I get every tour....I am getting too old for this!

As for Your statement @ Cork vegan...

I just can't comprehend the ticket master corks(no pun intended).....I had  4 Ga tickets....that paralyzed my screen....for 15 minutes....then....Gone of the face of the earth. And, sadly, that was more opportunity/quantity available (ever), than via U2 fan pre sales....

I just don't get it....

It's such a travesty that this is the state we are in.  I despise scalpers with heat of a nova.  Yet I understand that they exist because of the very nature of high demand items.  In this regard, the band/management/fans are all in agreement that they should go away.  I'm not sure if LN/TM are in bed with them or not, but if they are not then I'm sure they would like the scalpers to go away, too.

For those of us not lucky enough to get tickets--and it seemed like luck was a factor here--going to the scalpers is our only option.  If additional shows are added, great, and I will try score tickets.  But if not, it's posting my need for X-amount of tickets on these boards, and hopefully finding a kind soul (and they are here) who will sell them to me, go to the scalpers, or not go.

I must say that my dissatisfaction is very high this time around and I might not go, even if I can afford the price-gouging amount charged by the folks at StubHub.  There's little in life that causes me anxiety anymore--been around too long and seen too much--but holy hell, trying to get U2 tickets is still one of them,

It's like I tell my friends, I love the band so much and am glad they've been so successful all these years, I just wish they were a little--not a lot--less popular.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

I agree, scalping is terrible on all levels...for the band and for the fans....neither benefits....

I'm very sorry you lost those tickets.  I hope something good happens and you get what you want without paying a fortune.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, unforgettableu2 said:

Yes....basically.....I love the exclusives.....but, Ticket Sales have been a poor experience with me in general.

All I know is U2 needs to fix the unintended consequences of this fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
Just now, jeepster65 said:

Im from the UK, Maybe I'm wrong but I aint even bloody heard of Citi card, how can they get tix versus verified fans, worst decision ever

is it only Americans who can get this card??????????????

Citibank is one of the largest banks in the US. Citi cards are just the credit cards issued by that bank and you need a US Government issued Social Security Number to get one. Legal resident non-citizens can be issued SSNs, with the right paperwork (people with student visas, work visas, Green Cards). 

I have a Citicard, so I was able to register for and get a code for the Citi presale. I agree with you though. Fan club subscribers should have been treated far better than they were and much better than the Citicard members.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, bgans said:

Citibank is one of the largest banks in the US. Citi cards are just the credit cards issued by that bank and you need a US Government issued Social Security Number to get one. Legal resident non-citizens can be issued SSNs, with the right paperwork (people with student visas, work visas, Green Cards). 

I have a Citicard, so I was able to register for and get a code for the Citi presale. I agree with you though. Fan club subscribers should have been treated far better than they were and much better than the Citicard members.

so if you don't live in the USA, you are at a loss

that don't seem very fair to me, but its ridiculous that certain card holders get 4 tix whilst paid up members get DIDDLYSQUATT

thanks for the reply though, just gutted that my bucket list moment of seeing a band I first seen in 1980 in MSG being taken from me, very angry as I have spent weeks planning my trip from Scotland

• Subscriber

In a pinch...they always dump tickets closer to the show for anyone who does not not have to travel and is willing to gamble.  You will get GAs and some of the best seats in the house the day of the show.  In Chicago/Milwaukee, they dump them between 2-6 AM; 9-11 AM; 12-3 PM.  These times are approximate and differ.  I have some health challenges and often do not know if I can go until the day of the show. (I'm fine)  I'm always looking and trying and get amazing seats just about every time.  I've never not seen GAs released the day of a U2 show where I live.  Of course, this will be the one they don't!   j/k   I posted this before but am repeating it.  It's also a great option when one decides another show is needed because the first one was so great.  I'm gonna stop posting on here but it's an option worth considering.  I hope everyone gets their GAs/seats.  Maybe they'll figure this out and have another presale for the shows they are going to add.  I hope so.   Good luck.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, jeepster65 said:

Citibank is one of the largest banks in the US.

Why someone is entitled to a pesale because they have a credit card is beyond my comprehension.  Citibank has presales for most shows in America.

No offense is intended to anyone who has a Citibank card and got in on the presale.  I just think it's unfair to people who have less.

• Brilliant 1
  • Subscriber

It is 12 years since we all received this from Larry, I am not sure that things sound that much better for a lot of people in this presale. From some posts it sounds as if the U2.com membership has been useless in securing tickets for them and has failed to address the problems Larry highlighted below in 2005. I know U2 care about their fans but when you eventually create something so complex, corporate and complicated to "protect" fans from scalpers then it may be time to go back and think up the ticketing process all over again.

"This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have to do something to redress this situation. There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but some of it wasn’t. I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue. After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn’t get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee. The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2 tickets through our own website is appalling to me. I want to apologise to you who have suffered that. If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment to our audience. Slainte Larry. 

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse U2 of unseemly behaviour, I’ve only got two words for you…"

• Subscriber
Just now, Manohlive said:

Why someone is entitled to a pesale because they have a credit card is beyond my comprehension.  Citibank has presales for most shows in America.

No offense is intended to anyone who has a Citibank card and got in on the presale.  I just think it's unfair to people who have less.

or people from outside the country that cant have a Citi card

I am very angry about this, and don't want to disrespect anyone so apologies in advance, but my favourite band have fucked up royally, do they not know the lengths we have to go to in order to see them across the world

Could be worse I suppose, I could be in Australia

• bigwave unfeatured this topic