U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Hoachy said:

It is 12 years since we all received this from Larry, I am not sure that things sound that much better for a lot of people in this presale. From some posts it sounds as if the U2.com membership has been useless in securing tickets for them and has failed to address the problems Larry highlighted below in 2005. I know U2 care about their fans but when you eventually create something so complex, corporate and complicated to "protect" fans from scalpers then it may be time to go back and think up the ticketing process all over again.

"This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have to do something to redress this situation. There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but some of it wasn’t. I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue. After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn’t get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee. The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2 tickets through our own website is appalling to me. I want to apologise to you who have suffered that. If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment to our audience. Slainte Larry. 

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse U2 of unseemly behaviour, I’ve only got two words for you…"

So what has gone wrong the management has changed and probably gone with the highest bidder to secure the selling of tickets and they don't give a shit about fans just ££££££££££.I've been a fan club member since 1987 and used to get tickets in my hand before the public even knew U2 were playing.It's always been a struggle to get tickets for U2 in a general sale and this is why we are all members of the U2 fan club.We still haven't received our gift for this year yet and we won't even no what gift we will get for 2018 but If I do not receive a presale code and get my two tickets to one gig.I will be very pissed off and will not be renewing in 2019.I just think U2 have gone to corporate and the price of tickets + booking fee is pricing out the normal working man  and woman.Rant over and good luck to everyone who wants tickets. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, jimbull said:

I bet the band does not know of the problems that everyone is having.... The press needs  to get on this.

I bet the band does.  I got second row from the extra tix code for Vertigo as I was a Prop member.  This was after getting great tix in Chicago.  I think they'll address it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I bet the band does.  I got second row from the extra tix code for Vertigo as I was a Prop member.  This was after getting great tix in Chicago.  I think they'll address it.

I hope so!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, jeepster65 said:

thanks for the reply though, just gutted that my bucket list moment of seeing a band I first seen in 1980 in MSG being taken from me, very angry as I have spent weeks planning my trip from Scotland

There's still the opportunity in the general onsale on Monday to fill your bucket.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, colincooper said:

it may be time to go back and think up the ticketing process all over again.

I agree.  I miss the days of getting my butt out of bed at 4 AM and standing in line at record stores so I could get good seats.  Not many are willing to do that in January in Wisconsin and the diehard fans got the seats.

• Community Manager

started a thread in the zoo subscribers general forum but won't let me post link here!, if you had no luck at all and presale did not work your way, please add you name in there, thank

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, malaboo said:

thanks for the reply though, just gutted that my bucket list moment of seeing a band I first seen in 1980 in MSG being taken from me, very angry as I have spent weeks planning my trip from Scotland

They will probably add more shows to MSG so maybe you shall see them!

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I agree.  I miss the days of getting my butt out of bed at 4 AM and standing in line at record stores so I could get good seats.  Not many are willing to do that in January in Wisconsin and the diehard fans got the seats.

I have very fond memories of camping out overnight for U2, REM, Rolling Stones.... Sure, it was a pain in the ass, but it was part of the experience that kids today will never have.

I wonder if it's presales like this that keep Springsteen away from fan club stuff. Surely he and Landau hear about this kind of thing.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Honestly, I don't miss those days. The lack of other responsibilities that allowed me to get up at 4am (or stay up until 4am) was fun on one level. These days, that is simply impossible, regardless of how much I may want to see a concert - a dog that is looking for a walk at 5:45 every single morning and a teenager who needs to be rousted out of bed at 6:45 for school (or sometimes earlier for hockey games) makes for a different, more complicated life, but one that I wouldn't trade for anything. OK, the work that ties me to a computer 6+ hours a day is something I could do without, but that's what's paying for these tickets.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic