U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, dmway said:

Thank you very much - I'll keep trying then. :)

I thought you get a free one if you buy a ticket and don't have to do anything now?  I haven't done anything with the album yet.

Edited by sbeck
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Just now, sbeck said:

I thought you get a free one if you buy a ticket and don't have to do anything now?

Yes - I'm assuming that will be the standard CD and I want the deluxe one.

Moderators, if I/we can buy ANY version of SoE when tickets are bought in the pre-sale, please let me/us know. Thanks!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, dmway said:

Thank you very much - I'll keep trying then. :)

No problem. You can also click on news on U2.com and select the new album and if you scroll down there are some red buttons. If you click on them it shows a list of retailers. UK Amazon doesn't allow preorder yet tho

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, mich40 said:

From the FAQs:

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

However, more than likely, a new code will be issued.  As for the gift, it should be mailing out in December.  For now, if you go to your account page, you can download the songs.

Thanks for the reply.
I did do a little search,but missed it in the FAQS.

• Subscriber

OK jsust talked to them.  They gave me in the "RedHill group" which will get rebranded Experienced.  I asked the guy about well I didn't have a 2018 gift to pick from but I show setup complete.  He really didn't have an answer but said my account was good to go.  So I think if you reupped post last tour in prep for this one we knew was coming, I don't think we have an issue. 

If you get to setup complete you are good.  This verified fan, if you have that from u2.com site, you are good for the general sale as well.  I never did anything with verified fan via TM.  Did anyone.  I think they have their own reg page, but I don't know.  EDIT.  he did say they hope to have the new lingo for the group names displaying online via your account tomorrow.  And like we could tell, we will get the presale code via text.

Edited by sbeck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, sbeck said:

To allow as many fans as possible to see U2, there is a four (4) ticket limit MAXIMUM per purchaser.

That is from the Citi presale registration. So 2 u2 presale and 4 from a Citi card if you have one?  Anyway, thought that might help to post.

• Subscriber

Thank you. I thought I read that it was 4 tickets per show/date was the limit but that probably doesn't apply to the pre sale code. Pretty sure you are only allowed to use that code once. Just wish I knew that there was going to be a Toronto show. Montreal is 4 hours away. Might be nice to see them in a different city! Thanks again

• Community Moderator
4 minutes ago, sonyab. said:

Thank you. I thought I read that it was 4 tickets per show/date was the limit but that probably doesn't apply to the pre sale code. Pretty sure you are only allowed to use that code once. Just wish I knew that there was going to be a Toronto show. Montreal is 4 hours away. Might be nice to see them in a different city! Thanks again

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, mich40 said:

No. The U2 member code is for 2 tickets and yes, code is for 1 use. 

The person is talking the Citi.  The email they send you says 4 tix.  We know U2 code is 2 tix. I am still confused after calling them.  kevin and I reupped Sunday night in prep for tour.  Now we seem to be getting punished for doing that. 

Question: "If I purchased a 2017 gift subscription, do I still qualify for the upcoming presale?"

Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree membership offers AND have NOT used their Presale access code to purchase tickets to the Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible for access to this upcoming Presale.  

If you purchased one (1) or more tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using your U2.com unique Presale access code, you will have to renew your membership early and purchase one of the 2018 U2.com Subscriber offers to access this Presale.  This applies to Subscribers that purchased 1, 2,  or 3 tickets, as well as the 4 ticket limit.  

You can also look at the following link for more updates on the upcoming U2 tour.

KEVIN. I think I got it.  If we reupped and SINCE WE DID NOT USE our ticket offer when we reupped, we are good to go.  So whew, I think that clears it up.  We didn't use the code this reup would have provided so we are free to move along to the next presale.  I think that is who I read it, where are the lawyers.  Forget send in the clowns, send in the lawyers.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, russpm said:

Please could one of the mods clarify. We are being asked to review and update our details as part of the verification process. Next to the mobile number a box to select country has appeared which I guess adds the country prefix dialling code. Does this mean we now need to drop the leading zero in our mobile number??

Thanks in advance.......another tour happy days ?

yes

• Like 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic