U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'm upset with some stuff too.  My complaint is how many people got screwed in the presale and gave up after signing up and paying for a subscription.  I've been thinking about this.  The only way I see us changing anything is to raise our voices collectively.  Maybe there is a way each of us can write a letter about our concerns and have them all delivered at once?  Each of us could present what we want and how we will respond as consumers if something doesn't give?  It's just an idea that hasn't left my head so I'm presenting it here.  We are Zootopia.  I do not believe that does not matter.  Perhaps it's time to make ourselves known as one group and not a bunch of individual ticket purchasers or whatever is applicable.  I still believe our argument is with Live Nation.  They own U2.com.  It's sad but it is as it is.  It would be cool if we could figure out a positive response to a bunch of negative things.  

Why would they have mods ask us what we want for the 2018 gift and give something that most would not like?     I'm fine with the gift. The second I saw vinyl and only three remixes, I knew there'd be discontent.  Any idiot could have seen that one.  It'll become another U2 thing that gets passed onto my Godchildren.  It will not be used.  I don't much care as I enjoy other aspects of U2.com more. It's still seems a very silly idea.  C'mon, guys... 

They are obviously not getting the discontent of many in Zootopia.  Let's make our voices heard.  We'd need to figure out an effective way which does not break any rules or cause upheaval.  

Great idea if we could even have a poll on if you are happy with 2018 or not, I would have been happy with two cd of I and E Tour even the Paris concert on two cds would have been better than this,

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Hi All,

I am subscribed until Jan 2019 and I received the Joshua Tree vinyls as the 2017 subscription gift.

My question is will I receive the 2018 gift (U2 3D Dance Mixes) as the information on my accounts says that I have already redeemed my gift but this was for the 2017 gift (Joshua Tree vinyls).

My eyes make a circle

Hopefully someone can help me out

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Hank134 said:

Hi All,

I am subscribed until Jan 2019 and I received the Joshua Tree vinyls as the 2017 subscription gift.

My question is will I receive the 2018 gift (U2 3D Dance Mixes) as the information on my accounts says that I have already redeemed my gift but this was for the 2017 gift (Joshua Tree vinyls).

Hi Hank!

When buying membership for 2018 there was an option to choose either the 2017 JT vinyls or the then unannounced 2018 gift. Can you remember which you opted for? 

• Subscriber

Well, about 5 minutes thought went into that subscriber gift didn't it. More effort has gone into trying to "sell the idea" of giving us 3 remixes that most of us already have and don't want again. For me, two of them were rubbish the first time around and although Desire was listenable, I already have it on other official releases. This is just hugely disappointing, much like those giant I&E lithographs that I've never even looked at.

Dance remixes are a very acquired taste, and for me they are just a big no. Barring the very rare exception, they generally murder what was essentially a good song and make it unlistenable.

If Rattle & Hum was going to be commemorated with a subscriber gift, why not use some of the real treasures that sit in the bands vault from that time that us fans would really love. A vinyl of tracks that were not used on the album or in the movie maybe? Audio, or even better, a DVD of a full show from the LoveTown Tour. 

As a (very) long time subscriber (you'll note I never post), I'm adding my two cents-worth, with the very small hope that if enough of us have moan about this, something might change before they go spending loads of our money on putting this thing into production.

• Like 2
  • Subscriber

Again, 3 years in a row, more vinyl, why not give the choice of cd or vinyl, i know they will be available to download but not the same without the packaging, will someone who makes these decisions please take note, not everyone wants vinyl, and 3 years in a row is more than enough. Highly disappointed again.

• Subscriber

Should have been a choice between vinyl and cd, 3 years in a row vinyl, i would prefer cd dont have a record player and wont be getting one, disappointed again this year

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
56 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

Hi Hank!

When buying membership for 2018 there was an option to choose either the 2017 JT vinyls or the then unannounced 2018 gift. Can you remember which you opted for? 

Hi CorkVegan

I opted for the unannounced 2018 gift,cause the JT vinyls was the 2017 gift when I renewed.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber

No imagination. I don’t mind the whole vinyl thing, because you are able to download. My issue with it is the lack of imagination when choosing the track listing? Some proper rarities, would have being nice. I would never have guessed that it would have being this poor? 

• Community Moderator
46 minutes ago, Hank134 said:

Hi CorkVegan

I opted for the unannounced 2018 gift,cause the JT vinyls was the 2017 gift when I renewed.

You should receive it. 

• Brilliant 1
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic