U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber

I think it must be really hard for the mods to explain and defend U2 and their managements decisions re tour presale arrangements, ticket pricing, ‘gifts’ failure to deliver said gifts until halfway through the following calendar year., and also clearly not listening to the opinions of their fan base.

i really don’t know how they do it. 

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
Just now, Max Tsukino said:

Be sure that the suggestions will be read... But there are a few things that must be thrown into the equation: First, it must be understood that it's impossible to implement any of the suggestions made on the thread immediately - the process to make them takes a lot of time.

Another thing that must be taken into account: Not every one of them is feasible... it could be because of production issues, it could be because of legalities involved.

An observation: there were complains about these gifts as well (from mild to very, very loud)...

Yes - some of the suggestions were unfeasible and I think I said that when I commented on it originally.

I think a lot of us would feel better if we knew in more detail how the ideas are decided upon. We are completely in the dark about that process.

It's true that you will always get complaints regardless of what is offered - I'm sympathetic to that. Having more input into the process (or at least knowing broadly what the process even is) would help.

Well, that's ultimately what I hope for.

• Subscriber

Three R&H remixes, a bit of a let down. If they were going to celebrate 30 years of R&H how about a vinyl with the film songs not on the original album.

The U2 Corporation just seems completely out of touch with their subscribing customers.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

I think it must be really hard to explain and defend U2 and their managements decisions re tour presale arragements, ticket pricing, ‘gifts’ failure to deliver said gifts until halfway through the following calendar year., and also clearly not listening to the opinions of their fan base.

i really don’t know how they do it. 

It must be a bitch.  It's hard for me to still defend the band vs. Live Nation and I pay to do it.  I did NOT know they were unpaid positions until just now.  My respect, admiration and affection for the mods just increased exponentially.  I don't think anything we say now will affect the 2018 gift.  It could make a difference for the 2019 gift, and future presales.  I'm not trying to incite a figurative riot here.  I'm trying to figure out a concrete action all of us can agree upon and do so collectively.  At least we are doing something.  I'm not trying to take the helm of anything. We need to do something that does not cause problems yet gets across the discontent of Zootopia.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Community Moderator
11 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Ps what happened to Bajagirl from the old zoo?

She still pops in every once in a while. She just has other things going on now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Some of the gifts in the past were truly wonderful - for example, I loved the "From The Ground Up" book and the "Medium Rare & Remastered" CDs. Those were GREAT gifts. The book on their early days in Dublin was really good too.

An observation: there were complains about these gifts as well (from mild to very, very loud)...

How anyone could loudly complain about From The Ground Up is beyond me.  That gift had to be a very expensive endeavour.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, mich40 said:

She still pops in every once in a while. She just has other things going on now. 

Appears to be on twitter too. And it seems that the presale didn’t go well for her.

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic