U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, 2000_man said:

Just to clarify:

1. There are 2 presales (fan club & citi card). You have to get verified on the U2 fan club presale and the citi card presale separately.
  2. Do you have to get verified again if you want to buy tickets in the public on sale too? Just wanting clarification.
  3. Also, are you guaranteed a code (but not a ticket) if you are a fan club member and go through the verification process?

1. yes (though not known yet if you can double up to buy extras tix this way)

2. not sure, can;t hurt if you do..

3. If you are eligible (se Help page for criteria)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, bigwave said:

1. yes (though not known yet if you can double up to buy extras tix this way)

2. not sure, can;t hurt if you do..

3. If you are eligible (se Help page for criteria)

The issue is can you be verified all good, green setup complete and still get hosed?  A few of us reupped on the weekend, the 28th-29th and so we are trying to figure out if we are good to go.  The guy on the phone to your #2 said if you are verified via the fan website, you dont' need to do anything else for the general sale.

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Canadanne said:

1. Surely we aren't expected to set up a Ticketmaster US account if we have no intention of ever using it...? I appreciate the mods trying to help with this, but please can we get an official answer instead of speculation?

3. Doesn't answer my question - are they only sending the *code* via text message, or do we need a modern smartphone with web browsing capabilities? Are they expecting us to actually order our tickets using a mobile phone, or will it be the same as previous tours where I can use a desktop computer to follow a presale link from U2.com?

1. My opinion - can;t hurt to have a US TM account, so I did it in case it comes in handy. Don't if you not happy with that idea.

3. code being sent via SMS. thats it. Use code to book any way you can mobile / desktop etc

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, tombyrne said:

I have a TM account in the US and in Ireland.  If I link my TM US account now, will I be able to make a change and link to my Ireland account when the European tour is announced?  I plan on going to Dublin for this.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Tom

We only being asked to link US TM accounts this way at the moment. 

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, pride said:

I didn't use my subscription code to buy JT tickets.My Subscription ends in February.Can I use the code to buy tickets for this tour?

Just to mention.I didn't get the "gift" for the subscription.

you should be eligible but it will be a new code especially for this tour, gifts ship for last years subs in December. (see U2.com main pages for updates on that)

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, ballardmama said:

I’m unclear on Dan presale/Citi presale.  I verified/linked my u2.com fan club account today and see the green box saying I’m all set on my account page. So I plan/hope to get my 2 tickets during the presale. 

If if I have a Citibank card, can I also participate in that separate presale? I remember on the last tour that you could only get a certain # of presale tickets total and if you tried to get more your tickets would be cancelled. But is participating in the U2 fan club presale (2 tix) AND the Citibank (2 more  tix) presale allowed? They are two different presales but are all run through Ticketmaster so I don’t want to go over any maximum limit and get my tickets cancelled. I’m trying to follow the rules and don’t want anything cancelled. Thanks for the clarification. 

awaiting an answer from above for that info...

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, sbeck said:

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

EDIt  The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017  That is my listed selected gift.  is that "2018" too?

2018 gift will be announce in.. early 2018

• Community Manager
36 minutes ago, sbeck said:

OK jsust talked to them.  They gave me in the "RedHill group" which will get rebranded Experienced.  I asked the guy about well I didn't have a 2018 gift to pick from but I show setup complete.  He really didn't have an answer but said my account was good to go.  So I think if you reupped post last tour in prep for this one we knew was coming, I don't think we have an issue. 

If you get to setup complete you are good.  This verified fan, if you have that from u2.com site, you are good for the general sale as well.  I never did anything with verified fan via TM.  Did anyone.  I think they have their own reg page, but I don't know.  EDIT.  he did say they hope to have the new lingo for the group names displaying online via your account tomorrow.  And like we could tell, we will get the presale code via text.

nice one for sharing √

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, bigwave said:

2018 gift will be announce in.. early 2018

Oh ok, so there isn't even somewhere to go to even PICK a 2018 gift choice at this time?  Thus if you reup today, which many are, they are also having to select the 4 (record) singles?

• bigwave unfeatured this topic