Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

@Max Tsukino @bigwave

I suspect you are inundated with messages, so hope that you can help me with an easy question :)

I am in the UK and will want to attend UK leg. I have renewed and verified by connecting my TM US account (I have both a UK and US account) and the setup shows as complete on my account.

As I want to attend UK show, should I disconnect my TM US account and wait for the process for the European leg, or should I leave my U2.com account as showing 'setup complete' please.

19 minutes ago, lorri_ said:

@Max Tsukino @bigwave

I suspect you are inundated with messages, so hope that you can help me with an easy question :)

I am in the UK and will want to attend UK leg. I have renewed and verified by connecting my TM US account (I have both a UK and US account) and the setup shows as complete on my account.

As I want to attend UK show, should I disconnect my TM US account and wait for the process for the European leg, or should I leave my U2.com account as showing 'setup complete' please.

for the moment leave it as is... once there is an announcement for any European dates it will be checked for if there's a need to disconnect it or not...

• Like 1

Just checking back on the subscription part of this - I understand the other bits and have them done but my subscription has an expiry of September 10 2018 - I haven't had or used a presale code from that sub (it's only 7 weeks old) do I absolutely need to get a new sub for presale access? 

(Only intend using it for European leg)  

Side note, fair play to the mods for the trojan work on answering everything in this thread. 

I really wonder whether or not these instructions and processes are tested with some people before publishing them. A lot of this discussions seems to be caused by rather unclear messages.

Well, on the other hand the actual presale has worked nicely for me in the past and hope it will do so now too. And I will calmly wait for the European info ;)

21 minutes ago, danjo said:

Just checking back on the subscription part of this - I understand the other bits and have them done but my subscription has an expiry of September 10 2018 - I haven't had or used a presale code from that sub (it's only 7 weeks old) do I absolutely need to get a new sub for presale access? 

(Only intend using it for European leg)  

Side note, fair play to the mods for the trojan work on answering everything in this thread. 

It has been asked for clarification, please keep checking the zoo periodically for any possible answer...

be aware that this particular answer could possibly arrive until the European dates presale period (meaning it may not be immediate)... so, patience, calmness and zen...

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

It has been asked for clarification, please keep checking the zoo periodically for any possible answer...

be aware that this particular answer could possibly arrive until the European dates presale period (meaning it may not be immediate)... so, patience, calmness and zen...

Gotchya - Thanks Max. 

I think people are panicking. If you are outside the US don’t verify to a TM US account u less you want to go to the US to see them. Wait until this current presale is over and the European dates are announced. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

What happens then giftwise with that?

I should get the vinyl set in December then next year hopefully get the new gift and a code for pre-sales. 

17 minutes ago, oscarsear said:

I think people are panicking. If you are outside the US don’t verify to a TM US account u less you want to go to the US to see them. Wait until this current presale is over and the European dates are announced. 

Seems that easy. You can resub and not verify with TM until the European dates get announced. If you have verified you can easily just disconnect with the link there that says disconnect lol. 

Edited by utwothefly

So being subscribed to u2.con for years means absolutely nothing anymore..... you’re not considered a verified fan unless you pay for subscription twice!!!  Absolutely disgusting ?. Current subscribers should be able to link to their TM account and be verified, because you have proven loyalty by already being a subscriber!   But instead..... you invite scalpers to get a brand new sub and get verified?!  I really hoped this band would respect their fans and appreciate longevity.... but it seems not.  It’s all about putting fans in a position where they have to fork out On another subscription to get pre-sales.  Shame on you U2 

• Like 4