Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

1 minute ago, kimber said:

It is very interesting that in an effort to control bots and scalpers, we get the pleasure of paying $40 to re-up our subscription and going through a Secret Squirrel verification process yet the third-party sellers are already advertising tickets for purchase. Anyone care to explain?

third party sellers have any tickets to offer...

From a verified fan email:

No #VerifiedFan Onsale tickets have been sold. Many unofficial sellers will list tickets even before they go on sale. This practice is called speculative listing and fans should not trust resellers claiming to have tickets. Those speculative listings are not real tickets in hand. Beware of these sellers. Learn more about Speculative Listings and how to protect yourself.

2 minutes ago, despres said:

If my setup is done and green, do I still need to renew? I don’t see a link to renew on my profile!

If you have followed the steps (resubscribing if needed, verifying your TM account, adding you mobile number and authorizing to receive SMS) you should be set...

If you haven't done any or all of these steps, please log off,  delete cookies and cache,  log in again and recheck you profile. It may be a glitch...

6 minutes ago, despres said:

If my setup is done and green, do I still need to renew? I don’t see a link to renew on my profile!

you should be good, Continue to recheck it. There are others that went from  green to red overnight ...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

If you have followed the steps (resubscribing if needed, verifying your TM account, adding you mobile number and authorizing to receive SMS) you should be set...

If you haven't done any or all of these steps, please log off,  delete cookies and cache,  log in again and recheck you profile. It may be a glitch...

I never re-subscribed (expires in March 2018)... but I want to avoid any problems even if setup complete is in green I seem to be the only one who wasn’t asked to re-subscribed on the profile page. I have logged on and off many times.

1 minute ago, despres said:

I never re-subscribed (expires in March 2018)... but I want to avoid any problems even if setup complete is in green I seem to be the only one who wasn’t asked to re-subscribed on the profile page. I have logged on and off many times.

the relevant sections from the FAQ:

I am a U2.com subscriber, am I registered for the North American presale?
You must complete all the steps on the Acount Info page in order to be eligible for the Verified Subscriber presale for North America. Once you complete all the steps, you will see a green “SETUP COMPLETE” box on the page.

I have an active U2.com subscription and did not purchase tickets using my unique presale access code for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 dates, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Subscribers that purchased one of the 2017 Joshua Tree subscription offers AND have not used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour will be eligible to be verified for this upcoming presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and I purchased 4 tickets using a presale code during The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, will I have access to the U2eiTour presale?
Members who used their presale access code to purchase tickets to The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 MUST renew early and select one of the 2018 packages to be eligible to be verified for the upcoming eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 presale.

I have an active U2.com subscription and purchased tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using my unique Presale access code. Do I have access to the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 Presale?
If you purchased one (1) or more tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using your U2.com unique Presale access code, you will have to renew your membership early and purchase one of the 2018 U2.com Subscriber offers to access this Presale. This applies to Subscribers that purchased 1, 2, or 3 tickets, as well as the 4 ticket limit.

It appears that you may need to resubscribe again...

2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

the relevant sections from the FAQ:

It appears that you may need to resubscribe again...

Thanks for the help, I will re-subscribe to avoid any problems!

So much unnecessary drama created by U2.com in the name of sucking extra subscription dollars before subs even expire. 

Simple is usually better. How about if you’re a subscriber when codes are sent you get a code? If the band tours three times in a year would I need to renew TWO more times? ? Greed. 

• Brilliant 1

I rejoined in June 2017 just to get a code to buy a single ticket to the St. Louis show in September 2017 that U2 themselves ended up cancelling. So now I have to renew just to buy a single ticket for the new St. Louis show in May 2018 when my subscription is good until June 2018? That's ridiculous if that's the case (I can't get past "setup incomplete" despite logging out, clearing cookies, etc.). It would be one thing if using my code back in June 2017 actually allowed me to see the Joshua Tree tour, but that didn't happen. Very frustrating.

Just now, pathman said:

I rejoined in June 2017 just to get a code to buy a single ticket to the St. Louis show in September 2017 that U2 themselves ended up cancelling. So now I have to renew just to buy a single ticket for the new St. Louis show in May 2018 when my subscription is good until June 2018? That's ridiculous if that's the case (I can't get past "setup incomplete" despite logging out, clearing cookies, etc.). It would be one thing if using my code back in June 2017 actually allowed me to see the Joshua Tree tour, but that didn't happen. Very frustrating.

Please call the customer services and explain the situation... let us know how it goes...