U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

I'm so confused by all of this and forgive me if you've answered this a million times.  

I tried to renew on Thursday but I kept getting timed out.   My screen said setup incomplete. (the only thing left to do in the setup process was pay U2.com).

My subscription ends Jan 2018 and I did use it for all of my JT tickets.  

I haven't had a chance to go back to see my account until this morning.  I was going to pay to renew but now my account says setup complete.  

So....do I need to renew now for my code?  Or is my subscription renew date still in January 2018?

• Subscriber

You should check if your current subscription was paid after you bought the tickets

If yes... 

Just keep an eye on european /rest of the world presale, if it will occur after your subscription has expired of course no chance for you

Do not let it lapse 

Ifyou're interested in Usa/Canada presale you're ok 

That's how I got it for myself too :D

Edited by monica martino

• Subscriber

Very confusing process.  I just called the u2 fanclub number listed and was told (by Mariana) we are not even guaranteed to receive a code at all now?  I know we are not guaranteed tickets, but no guarantee for receiving a code via text??  The person was adamant about this...

• Subscriber
Just now, u2nerd said:

My profile all of a sudden said I had to renew, so I renewed then realized my subscription wasn't even over yet. :mellow:

It will just extend your subscription from the end date of your previous subscription. You won't lose anything.

• Subscriber

This is all so confusing... Could one of the mods please help with the following question?

I did NOT use my code for Joshua Tree tour. My Verified Subscriber setup is complete.

I intend to use my code to buy 2 tickets for a North American show.

Once that code is used, if I renew my subscription, will I get a new code for 2 additional presale tickets that I can use  for additional North American shows which are expected to be announced after the initial sale?

Or is the presale limit 2 tickets per subscriber no matter what?

Please clarify...

Thank you!

OG

• bigwave unfeatured this topic