U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber

I still want to know why the support line is saying even though we do all of the tasks on our U2com profile to be a verified fan, that we still may not receive a presale code. They apparently stated that to two individuals here and I've not seen anything to confirm or deny this will be the case, or maybe I missed it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Just renew to be safe. $40 for peace of mind.

I did renew, straight away, as it says "all subscribers MUST" renew subscribtion and do the TM and sms things. There was no word if it's needed if you only wand tickets for Europe, or that it's only a North America thing to do. I emailed the support-team several times and never got an answer whether to keep it as it is "setup completed" or to cut connection and whatever to do not to risk my presale-code - as the terms read that you forfeit the presale-code if it cannot reach me because of mistakes in setting made by me. So I'm worried to forfeit the code if I cut connetcion with TM and/or sms and also am worried to receive a code valid for North America only and not getting one for Europe-shows. There's no answer by the support team nor anything to find at u2.com website so anything official.

Does anyone knows anything official what to do without risking the presale-code for Europe: if "setup completed" (renewed membership + conneted TM and sms) and wanting Europe-tickets only? As there is no answer by the support-team to this...

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, jaimearodriguez said:

Just renew to be safe. $40 for peace of mind.

The $40 will not give you any peace of mind. What experience has taught me in the past few years is that despite renewing every time and getting a code for U2.com I always end up snagging tickets at the regular sale. I just suggest you relax and not worry.  There will be extra shows announced and you can probably get it at the regular sale

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, soey said:

I did renew, straight away, as it says "all subscribers MUST" renew subscribtion and do the TM and sms things. There was no word if it's needed if you only wand tickets for Europe, or that it's only a North America thing to do. I emailed the support-team several times and never got an answer whether to keep it as it is "setup completed" or to cut connection and whatever to do not to risk my presale-code - as the terms read that you forfeit the presale-code if it cannot reach me because of mistakes in setting made by me. So I'm worried to forfeit the code if I cut connetcion with TM and/or sms and also am worried to receive a code valid for North America only and not getting one for Europe-shows. There's no answer by the support team nor anything to find at u2.com website so anything official.

Does anyone knows anything official what to do without risking the presale-code for Europe: if "setup completed" (renewed membership + conneted TM and sms) and wanting Europe-tickets only? As there is no answer by the support-team to this...

It says connect to North America Ticketmaster, not just Ticketmaster, so this is almost certainly for just the American dates and a European link will happen once these dates are released. I have renewed even though I don’t expire until February and it has honoured my expiry dates to Feb 2019, so cant complain about that. I will not verify the Ticketmaster part until European link is put up, as pretty sure that will be the case. 

• Subscriber

I just disconnected from Tm Usa 

And it doesn't show any longer that I have to renew as it did at the announcement of the tour so I'd say problems have been solved and my active subscription is eligible to receive presale codes :)

• Subscriber
On 11/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, soey said:

Same question I have.

I really hope that u2.com issues a FAQ for what to do if you completed setup (incl sms-messaging and ticketmaster.com-connection) but don't want to buy US/CAN-tickets.

As I read something about "all subscribers MUST" and the possibility to forfeit-your-code (see my post above). I'm really worried!

This is getting beyond a joke. It remains unclear for European subscribers (UK here) whether connecting to TM US will invalidate us for the forthcoming UK presales. I do not want any North American tickets and I still don't see enough clarity here to make me confident of what I should do to make sure I can secure the UK tickets I will be looking for. I have pre-ordered the deluxe cd and thought that would be enough but obviously not.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Sue1 said:

So I emailed U2.con yesterday.......asking if I needed to get verified now an link to  USA Ticketmaster even though I do NOT want to go to a USA show.  They replied today.....

u2.jpg

@hoachy

This is pretty ckear

Edited by monica martino
  • bigwave unfeatured this topic