Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

According to earlier posts in this thread, this should only apply for US/Canada tour.  If you want to buy tickets for European concerts, it is not necessary to complete the setup in your account.

22 minutes ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

According to earlier posts in this thread, this should only apply for US/Canada tour.  If you want to buy tickets for European concerts, it is not necessary to complete the setup in your account.

Seems reasonable. But where can I read this on u2.com?

• Like 1

So I got an email from support stating not to worry about verified fan as its US/Canada tour, Great.

Then my renewal buttons gone, I expire in Jan, I was going to do it anyway, not there is no way to renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then to add insult in injury, I, and other Europe based bods, get an email this morning telling us to complete verified fan from U2.com

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cant renew and conflicting instructions from U2.com

Help

PK

3 hours ago, monica martino said:

I received an email as well saying my account is incomplete which is true. Of course they can't know I'm not interested in Usa/Canada presale so I'll ignore it following what the CS said to many of you. 

Well they could have added "if interested in Usa/Canada presale" and no misunderstanding would have been possible 

Except... They *can* know I'm in Europe and make the distinction that this is for US/Canada shows only. This would make things clear. I got another email today saying:

"You have a qualifying Subscription to be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale, but your Account Setup is currently incomplete. Please complete your Account Setup now." 

It's very well getting emails from support saying that the Europe is different, but if the main email sent out doesn't make this distinction it confusing and concerning. I just want to go to see a band in concert in Europe. It doesn't need to be this oblique or obscure. I appreciate that there is precious little the Mods are able to do at this stage, but there needs to be some feedback to the powers-that-be that a simple re-wording of things and couple of extra FAQs would clear this up beyond doubt, and probably have the added bonus of reducing everyone's email workload.

46 minutes ago, ZoostationUK said:

So I got an email from support stating not to worry about verified fan as its US/Canada tour, Great.

Then my renewal buttons gone, I expire in Jan, I was going to do it anyway, not there is no way to renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then to add insult in injury, I, and other Europe based bods, get an email this morning telling us to complete verified fan from U2.com

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I cant renew and conflicting instructions from U2.com

Help

PK

Did you try via renew.u2.com already. For me it worked.

30 minutes ago, ZoostationUK said:

nope :( and no way of renewing as all buttons and links to renew have gone

You can renew from u2.com/renew. Did it myself a few days ago.

U2.COM PUT ME IN THE WRONG PRIORITY GROUP!

In March of this year, I renewed my U2.com subscription, as I always do, without letting it lapse. In fact, I've been a paying fan club member since the Propaganda days in 1994.

For whatever reason, this time I payed the normal $40 renewal fee on the same day U2.com told me to renew. It could have been the next day in a European time zone... this I do not remember. Still, it recognized that I would be paying the renewal price, not the full price.

Then, when ticket presale codes for The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 started to roll out, I was put in the secondary presale group, rather than then primary (I think it was Wires over Red Hill, if I remember correctly). Obviously, this was very annoying, since I should have been put in the first group.

Alas, the e+i Tour is upon us, I renewed at the renewal price, and I am still in the secondary presale group: iNNOCENCE. Not good!

I called a customer service agent, they told me they would submit a support ticket, and to wait to be contacted. He did recognize that I paid the renewal price in March.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? I will be very surprised if customer service contacts me or even resolves this problem. So far, there has been zero movement on their end.