Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

I've been asking this throughout this thread but can anyone or maybe someone of the Mods help me with it?

I'm verified as the text (Nov 1) said "all subscribers MUST".

I only want Europe tickets.

Do I need to unverify? How?

Or can I stay verify/setup complete and simply not use the code so that when Europe is announced I don't need to renew my membership to get a predale code?

I haven't received any answer by support/help that fit.  I need something to rely on.

18 minutes ago, soey said:

I've been asking this throughout this thread but can anyone or maybe someone of the Mods help me with it?

I'm verified as the text (Nov 1) said "all subscribers MUST".

I only want Europe tickets.

Do I need to unverify? How?

Or can I stay verify/setup complete and simply not use the code so that when Europe is announced I don't need to renew my membership to get a predale code?

I haven't received any answer by support/help that fit.  I need something to rely on.

that is in some point my question, too. I tried to figure it out reading back in this thread but it's still not really clear for me.
but at this point i think it shouldn't become a problem to be verified at this stage, too, when the European presale will be announced. *fingers crossed* :mellow:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulHansen said:

Hello fellow U2 fans.

I have a question I hope you can help me with.
The band is coming to Denmark next year and I want to go.

On the main page, it says that subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open.
To be eligible for the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale, I must complete my account Setup by November 12. Presale begins November 14.
Does that apply for the European tour as well?
On the official link for the Danish site, it says that I have to preorder the album before November 20th at 11:59 pm to get access to the presale.

//Paul

The november presale is for US gigs only. European dates will be announced later.
I personally don't think it is a problem when you verify your account now, but as I wrote in my previous message,
I just assume this from reading back and forth through the pages of this thread ;) no complete guarantee, but it
is imho unlikely to be problematic. If I understood it right, the European presale runs through a different system...

3 minutes ago, brobjerg said:

Har U2 bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark?
Du har ikke købt medlemskab så du bør forudbestille albummet, hvis du vil have en pre-sales kode.
Det europæiske billetsalg åbner først efter nytår.,

Jep det er bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark næste år, men datoen er ikke fastlagt.
Jeg er bare lidt i tvivl om man kommer lidt før til bestillingen af billetter som subscriber end dem der køber albummet før den 20 og på den måde har ret til presale.

De 2 første pre-sale er reserveret til betalende medlemmer, derefter kommer pre-sale for album-købere.

Jeg ved godt at danske aviser har skrevet at U2 kommer til DK, og henvist til U2.com Men mig bekendt er den eneste omtale på dette site det danske flag, der linker til forudbestilling af albummet hos Gaffa.

3 hours ago, chulia83 said:

So, I completed my acc setup a few days ago, all in all fine, as far as I can see...
Was thinking about getting a ticket for Madison Square Garden but atm I don't think that
flights from Europe will be getting cheaper the next weeks for june 2018...
So I think about disconnecting from TM USA and maybe giving my code someone else.
I know I could still try to buy a ticket and wait for new flight prices in january, but if
they do mobile tickets for GA again, I don't see any chances to sell my ticket if I can't afford to travel.
Just personal thoughts, don't wanna bother you too much, but atm I think I will
do only shows around Europe...
I feel slightly overstrained with all this :unsure:

keep the code...

1) there's a possibility it will be the same for the EU dates; and
2) and more importantly ---> presale codes are personal and non-transferable - linked to your account. If you give it to someone else, you are at the risk not only that the code will be canceled but also your account...

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

keep the code...

1) there's a possibility it will be the same for the EU dates; and
2) and more importantly ---> presale codes are personal and non-transferable - linked to your account. If you give it to someone else, you are at the risk not only that the code will be canceled but also your account...

thank you, esp. for no. 2)
this wasn't clear to me at all. would be a shame to lose my account... you guys must deal with a lot of stupid questions these days. so thanks a lot for your patience :)

25 minutes ago, PaulHansen said:

Jep det er bekræftet at de kommer til Danmark næste år, men datoen er ikke fastlagt.
Jeg er bare lidt i tvivl om man kommer lidt før til bestillingen af billetter som subscriber end dem der køber albummet før den 20 og på den måde har ret til presale.

please in english. Thanks

be aware that the U2.com presale and that album presale are two different things...