Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

What’s the deal with the VIP Presale on the 14th? Do the VIP packages count toward the allotment of 2 U2.com presale?

7 hours ago, lmnoiu said:

Still no word on credit card entry?  I haven't seen anything about it mentioned for this tour, so I'm assuming they won't be using it?  Would at least be nice to know.

I'm going to assume they'll be using credit card entry for this 2018 Tour - as it was used in the last 2 Tours. It's a good system.

But I guess you want to hear an official reply from U2.com 

2 hours ago, Snakefish said:

I'm going to assume they'll be using credit card entry for this 2018 Tour - as it was used in the last 2 Tours. It's a good system.

But I guess you want to hear an official reply from U2.com 

the difference though is they are doing this verified thing this time around to combat scalpers.  the other tours, they advertised credit card entry everywhere, well in advance.  this time, i haven't seen one thing mentioned about it.

14 hours ago, bgans said:

No one has answered the question that has been asked. TM is saying Verified Fan Club membership is not a guarantee of access to tickets. Which means "we bought $40 lottery tickets." What I am asking is for U2 management & the forum moderators to confirm that information from this side. It is simply a matter of setting expectations.

membership or verified membership has never been a guarantee of tickets. it guarantees you a presale code. it’s in the FAQ.

“Does a Subscription to U2.com guarantee I can purchase tickets?
No. U2.com presales provide early access but cannot guarantee tickets. Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis.”

18 hours ago, soey said:

The only reply I got from U2-support that fit a bit to my question was that: Registrating for North American conerts will not disqualify you from registrating to the international concerts."

I guess as long as I don't use the code I'll be fine to have the/a code for the Europe presales. Right? 

that's how I understood it.

and @Max Tsukino suggest to keep the Code, too. There might be a chance to use it for the European presale. 

i think I will leave everything as it is from now on and see what will happen. In the end it’s the best thing we can do if some details remain unclear... at least we can learn from the US-presale. 

Don‘t get me wrong, fingers crossed to all of you that you get all the tickets you want :)

Hello mods, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was travelling and unfortunately missed the emails about linking my account in order to receive a presale code via text by last night’s deadline.

i just now linked my account to my cell and agreed to the sms texts but am fearful I’m too late.  

If there is anything that can be done at this point I would be super appreciative.  I’ve been a subscriber for many years and was looking forward to catching this tour as i have done now for the past decade +.  Thanks in advance

Edited by chadp123

43 minutes ago, chadp123 said:

Hello mods, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was travelling and unfortunately missed the emails about linking my account in order to receive a presale code via text by last night’s deadline.

i just now linked my account to my cell and agreed to the sms texts but am fearful I’m too late.  

If there is anything that can be done at this point I would be super appreciative.  I’ve been a subscriber for many years and was looking forward to catching this tour as i have done now for the past decade +.  Thanks in advance

unfortunately is out of our scope... best would be to call customer support services and explain the issue...

So i know they had a date and time certain we had to signup etc.  I get that.

Is the code we get going to be usable for the additional shows they had to the schedule?  So if I miss on say Chicago and they add a "Chicago 2", can I try again with my code?

Thanks, sorry if this has been answered.  I guess the question is, "will added US shows have their own pre-sale, and is this code we get this week usable for said added shows?" if we didn't use it.

It's so weird that if you verified like I did and don't want North America tickets is still unclear what to do or if it simply doesn't matter at all.

I was worried to risk my code if I unverify.

Now I read a post that getting a code for North America could forfeit my code for Europe.

I'm completely back in chaos again. Thank you Max Tsukino for giving me a short breath  - gone by now....fingers crossed that either we get official info or even better it simply doesn't matter if verified or not unless the code will not be used for North American shows.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, soey said:

Now I read a post that getting a code for North America could forfeit my code for Europ

Where did you read that?