Will there be Additional Tour Dates in US (2018)

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, a321doc said:

Well you did get JT 2017. We here in Montreal missed out.

Good point! It's only a 9 hour drive, nothing I haven't done before for the band. Bigger issue is making we don't conflict with my son's Convocation from university in June!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What sucks is if they add a second date, say Las Vegas, its probably the day after which is Saturday. We are already going to be in Vegas for a huge Foodie event that weekend and I would prefer to do

I'm going to guess that there will be no additional cities added on the current legs, but that additional dates will be added at existing cities.  There may be a chance to add an extra city that falls

yeah, most events do dynamic pricing or they just sell them off to brokers for a discounted fee and take their losses. I would expect U2 will have to drop just a bit in price.

• Subscriber

I too am surprised at limited Canadian dates.  I guess they're done rehearsing in Vancouver (although Bono caught in a rain storm may not find hitch hiking as easy in other cities....but fewer rain storms in other cities!).  Montreal should have had a JT show, but it was always intended to be a short tour.  This is a tour for a new album and the follow up to Songs of Innocence.  They did two shows in Toronto for that one, and one in Hamilton.  Back into arena venues I'd have expected more stops.  JT sold out fast in stadiums.  This one will be super fast.  Hopefully the new ticket master approach give us a better shot at good ticks, but with ticket master, I'll believe it when I see it!

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, BillHenderson said:

JT sold out fast in stadiums.  This one will be super fast.  Hopefully the new ticket master approach give us a better shot at good ticks, but with ticket master, I'll believe it when I see it!

this is what has me worried. I mean is there even any shot at tickets during general public for an arena tour??? I wanted three tickets and the two ticket limit now is preventing me from buying tickets

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, mariamolivau2 said:

what are the chances of them having a Toronto date? Is there hope?

I am not going to take the chance.  I'm getting in line for Montreal.  Great town to visit!  In the "faint hope" department, the longest gap between shows on the current schedule is the 8 days between Atlanta and Montreal.  Strikes me that leaves room/time for a Toronto show....but why wouldn't they have announced it?  My guess?  The ACC is the only suitable venue in town, and the tour dates fall into the NHL playoff schedule.  Not sure why that would be an issue in TO and not in Montreal though.  (I'm not yielding to temptation for a Leafs vs. Habs comment).  My solution?  Unless they announce a TO date before the presale...roadtrip!

• Subscriber

Its a tough call for sure. If they say add 2 Montreal dates on the Sunday and Monday those dates would work better for some people than a Tuesday. Don't want to hold on to presale code though and this not happen... decisions.... decisions. 

• Subscriber

I'm holding out hope (once again) that San Antonio or at least Austin will be on the list this time seeing as how they have added shows in smaller markets that they haven't played in a long time such as Tulsa. They've played here twice, October and Pop, and both were very well attended so I'm not sure why we keep getting skipped tour after tour.

• Subscriber

U2 have always had a good relationship with Toronto. As far as I know- they have never bypassed Toronto on any tour so why would they start now? There will definitely be at least one show, more than likely two, in Toronto. I’m gonna save my presale code for that announcement.