Will there be Additional Tour Dates in US (2018)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What sucks is if they add a second date, say Las Vegas, its probably the day after which is Saturday. We are already going to be in Vegas for a huge Foodie event that weekend and I would prefer to do

I'm going to guess that there will be no additional cities added on the current legs, but that additional dates will be added at existing cities.  There may be a chance to add an extra city that falls

yeah, most events do dynamic pricing or they just sell them off to brokers for a discounted fee and take their losses. I would expect U2 will have to drop just a bit in price.

• Subscriber

Nice find.  So the same thing, reg for on sale for Mtl.  Hopefully they do the same things, but is it me or are these shows NOT selling.  I can't look I got shut out along with the Mrs but it seems like that.  Old tours the UC would sell out in  15 minutes.  poof gone.  now, not so much it seems

Edited by sbeck
  • Subscriber

I think it would be really weird if they didn't add more shows. During Vertigo tour I think they didn't announce the additional dates until a week after the first public on sale was completed. I think that's how it happened. It was several tours ago but that's how I remember it.

• Subscriber

These shows are NOT selling. It's amazing to see how many tickets are left for Boston, a city that usually sells out very quickly. What were they thinking? With fees it's $386 for a nose bleed ticket! Many long time fans wont pay those prices and they can certainly forget about winning any new fans on this tour. Sad, really.

• Subscriber

I think they knew demand would be soft already, they knew it since they saw JT reactions in stadiums.  How to drive demand, make it "harder" to get access.  In sales it's called urgency.  So create urgency, but it's not working.  I can't get to any show, but it feels like its not selling.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Wire said:

These shows are NOT selling. It's amazing to see how many tickets are left for Boston, a city that usually sells out very quickly. What were they thinking? With fees it's $386 for a nose bleed ticket! Many long time fans wont pay those prices and they can certainly forget about winning any new fans on this tour. Sad, really.

I'm going to guess it's a combination of the fact that they just were on tour and also there were people that didn't realize they had to go and sign up for it. I saw someone tweeting that they wanted to get tickets for Philly but couldn't because they didn't know they had to sign up for this Ticketmaster verified fan thing. There's bound to be others like them and yeah the fees for this tour are insane a $111 dollar ticket turns into about three hundred for two. 

• Subscriber

Good point- I'm sure there are many people who didn't realize they needed to register but that being said the prices are still prohibitive. I imagine that is a big factor as only one show is sold out and normally there would be a lot by this time. I would normally always purchase whatever my limit was (even when it was 8) and plan a reunion with friends around the shows but I can't offer nose bleed tix to my friends for $386 even if it is face value.

• Subscriber

First time posting amd we were successful in obtaining tix for MSG on the 25th June. First time seeing the band live in the good ol USA after being a fan for 35 years and I woukd dearly love to see more than one show.

This evening I was told to pre-register for additional shows that go on sale on the following dates via Ticketmaster

U2.com subscriber 28.11.17

Citi presale 30.11.17

General  01.12.17

So from this I presume additional nights are due to be announced? 

Anyone have any additional info because at the momeny the only date is Montreal 06.06.17

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SoCalU2Lover said:

Adding shows when none of the 1st shows are even close to selling out.  Great Idea!!

i'm sure those tickets will end up being lowered or sold off to brokers at a discount. All events do it, i'm glad they aren't selling though now to show more promoters that fans do not want to be taken advantage of