Sign in to follow this  
jreed

U2 has one album left in them after Experience

In my defence We’re taking our 12 yo daughter to see TSwift.As for any flack.......I’ll just shake it off

Edited by doctornickriviera

23 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

In my defence We’re taking our 12 yo daughter to see TSwift.As for any flack.......I’ll just shake it off

You dirty dog!  You throw me a baited hook like that and it turns out to be a lure?  Are you kidding me?  Your daughter???  You are not going to see Taylor Swift for your own self?   Trixter.  You are a dirty dog!   Why not make it your son?  You couldn't of fibbed a wee tiny bit so I could maintain some scrap of my manliness? 

Now I gotta go bitch about the presale which did not affect me because these mods are incredible.  I had no problems but still I must do something to carry forth with my life.  It's all your fault. I went for that barb like  a silly guppy.  I was even hoping to bring Coldplay into the mix.  (I hang my head in shame and must sign out of U2.com because secretly I want Zayn to show up with Taylor and see them sing I Don't Wanna Live Forever live.)  Thanks a lot.  lol

(No disrespect to anyone who got ornery about the presale and posted what they were feeling.)

Edited by Manohlive

13 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

I have no son.

I presumed so.  I was trying to be funny by poking fun at myself but it did not work.  I hope you have a great time at the concert with your daughter.

Edited by Manohlive

On 10/02/2018 at 8:45 AM, doctornickriviera said:

Our 14 yr old is also in TSwift and she has two tickets for a concert at Wembley in the summer.

Lucky for us that I have a cousin who is willing to take her to the concert!

This thread is ageist. You don't have to stop doing things just because you hit a certain age and sit in a rocking chair all day. If the band want to play into their 80s or beyond, there is nothing wrong with that. Music is not a professional contact sport. You can play music at virtually any age. People who see you can't because you have gray hair or lines on your face our obviously equally or more interested in the visual of how the artist looks as opposed to how they sound. Also staying active is the healthy option as the band gets older. The more active and engaged you are, the healthier you will be and the longer you will live. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, STING said:

This thread is ageist. You don't have to stop doing things just because you hit a certain age and sit in a rocking chair all day. If the band want to play into their 80s or beyond, there is nothing wrong with that. Music is not a professional contact sport. You can play music at virtually any age. People who see you can't because you have gray hair or lines on your face our obviously equally or more interested in the visual of how the artist looks as opposed to how they sound. Also staying active is the healthy option as the band gets older. The more active and engaged you are, the healthier you will be and the longer you will live. 

Sitting in my rocker listening to my 432 Hz ? music.☺

I admit as I get older it seems sometimes easier to just let the cobwebs set in. Life is an art in itself I suppose. ?

On 12/02/2018 at 7:05 PM, STING said:

Cherish Every Breath you take Sting. At your age you have no idea if it will be your last and you become a spirit in a material world.......??

Edited by doctornickriviera

Interesting OP.

I don't think we need to count, compare or calculate.

I think the question for the artist is, Does the artist have anything to communicate? If they feel they do....then I hope they send the transmission. It doesn't matter if no one receives. What matters is having something to transmit. A light in the dark, even if no one is looking.